- New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson went down a bit strangely on a scramble. Wilson left the game and did not return. The team siting a no contact injury. Head coach Robert Saleh saying that Wilson’s ACL is “supposed to be intact” according to preliminary tests, but he will wait for the MRI to confirm anything. There is a possibility that he has suffered and injury to his PCL, which is the same injury he struggled with last season. The Jets beat the Philadelphia Eagles 24-21.
— Mike Giardi (@MikeGiardi) August 13, 2022
- Quarterback Trey Lance played just 2 series in the San Francisco 49er’s pre-season game against the Green Bay Packers on Friday. It was enough time for Lance to give a sneak peak of that big arm, throwing a huge 76-yard touchdown pass to rookie Danny Gray helping the 49er’s beat the Packers 28-21.
IT'S TREY LANCE TIME IN SAN FRANCISCO ⏰
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 13, 2022
- Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins was sent home from training camp on Thursday with an unknown illness. The team announced on Friday that Cousins has tested positive for Covid-19 and will miss Sundays pre-season game against the Las Vegas Raiders. Although the NFL has dropped all Covid protocols they are still required to follow CDC guidelines. He will quarantine for the 5 days following his positive test result.
Vikings’ QB Kirk Cousins has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss Sunday’s game.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 12, 2022
- The Los Angeles Dodgers won their 11th straight game defeating the Kansas City Royals 8-3 on Friday night. Tony Gonsolin carried a no-hitter into the 7thn inning. Gonsolin moves to a 14-1 record and is now tied with Atlanta’s Kyle Wright for most wins in the NL. Trayce Thompson cracked it open in the 8th inning, sending a 3 run shot over the wall.
Trayce Thompson, royalty. pic.twitter.com/SlfHUQ2DFC
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 13, 2022
- The New York Mets lost 2 infielders in Fridays game against the Philadelphia Phillies. Jeff McNeil left due to a right thumb laceration and Eduardo Escobar has left side tightness that is going to require an MRI. Phillies went on to win the game 2-1.
#Mets injury updates on Jeff McNeil and Eduardo Escobar, who exited Friday night’s game with the Phillies in the second inning.
Article will be updated as more info becomes available.https://t.co/eMoNQlWMrT
— Rob Piersall (@RTPiersall) August 13, 2022
- Detroit Tigers left-hander Tarik Skubal last pitched on August 1st. It was a game against the Minnesota Twins in which he threw 5 shutout innings, allowed just 3 hits, gave up 2 walks and struck out 4. The team has now opted to put an end to his season. Manager A.J. Hinch said :
“We’re concerned about Tarik. He’s not going to pitch the rest of the season. (The injury is) more in the elbow area than the shoulder. That obviously brings significant concern for us. We’ll wait for the doctor’s words next week.”
Tarik Skubal is going to visit a specialist in LA on Monday. The issue is his elbow. He’s definitely shut down for the year
— Chris McCosky (@cmccosky) August 12, 2022