- Chris Sale, left-hander for the Boston Red Sox, was pulled in the 4th-inning of his minor league outing. The move was made after a bases loaded walk during a rehab start with the Worcester Red Sox on Wednesday. Sale headed to the clubhouse, completely lost his composure and could be seen destroying anything he could get his hands on, the struggles just seem to continue for Boston.
VIDEO: #RedSox pitcher Chris Sale upset after giving up a bases loaded walk & being taken out after 3 & 2/3 innings in a rehab start for the @WooSox (📸: @bri4homes) @NBC10Boston @NECN pic.twitter.com/1j1ga5kJaT
— Alysha Palumbo NBC10 Boston (@AlyshaNBCBoston) July 7, 2022
- Aaron Judge smacked a zinger over the wall in left field in the 8th-inning. This made for his 3rd career grand slam and a major league leading 30th homerun on the season. Aaron Hicks also contributed his own grand slam in the 9th as well as 4 other Yankees sending it over the wall. New York demolished the Pittsburg Pirates 16-0 Wednesday night. They sit on top of MLB with 59 wins and 139 total homers for the team this season.
Aaron's 30th Bash 👨⚖️ pic.twitter.com/EjZb48jmKl
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) July 7, 2022
- Los Angeles Angels star Shohei Ohtani turned in another stellar performance Wednesday night. For the 4th straight start Ohtani did not allowed a single earned run and became only the 7th pitcher since 1901 to go 4-0 with a 0.00 ERA and 40+ strikouts. He also managed 2 RBI’S, scored once and stole a base. The Angels beat the Miami Marlins 5-2.
Every time Shohei Ohtani takes the field, there's a chance you'll see something never seen on a baseball diamond before. pic.twitter.com/U3JrPzl1um
— MLB (@MLB) July 7, 2022
- The Portland Trailblazers have waived 32-year-old Eric Bledsoe and made the decision just 4 days before his contract guarantee date of July 10th. Bledsoe, having never played a game for Portland, would have received his full salary of $19.3 million for the 2022-2023 season had they waited till after the cut off date. He will instead take home $3.9 million.
The Trail Blazers plan to waive Eric Bledsoe, per @ShamsCharania
Bledsoe is expected to attract interest from several teams pic.twitter.com/8Gu3OL011L
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 6, 2022
- The Miami Heat brought back restricted free agent forward Caleb Martin on a 3-year, $20.5-million contract. His new contract is fully guaranteed and the Heat will use the $6.5-million full taxpayer mid-level exception to sign him.
The Heat are bringing back Caleb Martin on a three-year deal at the $6.5 million full taxpayer mid-level exception. Deal worth about $20.5 million. The deal does not leave the Heat hard-capped.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 6, 2022
- Chet Holmgren had another solid summer league performance putting up 11 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. The No. 2 overall pick helped lift the Oklahoma City Thunder over the Memphis Grizzles 87-71.
🚫 Chet with the 2 handed rejection! 🚫
He's got a double-double on ESPN2 pic.twitter.com/LpQ9mFPFln
— NBA (@NBA) July 7, 2022
- Defensemen Jacob Middleton and the Minnesota Wild have come to an agreement on a 3-year contract extension. Middleton will earn an average yearly salary of $2.45 million.
— SKOR North (@SKORNorth) July 6, 2022
- The NHL has released the schedule for the upcoming 2022-2023 season. The season will launch on October 7th in Prague, where the Nashville Predators will face the San Jose Sharks. October 11th will be the kick off of the season in North America with an Eastern Conference Final rematch between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden and the Los Angeles Kings at home against the Vegas Golden Knights.
There’s nothing like the excitement of a home opener!
— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) July 6, 2022
- Winnipeg Jets captain Blake Wheeler has been on a 5-year, $41.25-million contract signed in 2018 that carried a full no-movement clause until this offseason. The Jets have made the decision to explore the trade market in regards to Wheeler. The veteran winger can now submit a list of 5 teams he’d be willing to accept a trade to.
According to reports, the Winnipeg Jets have begun to gauge the trade market for Blake Wheeler. Wheeler has 2yrs remaining on his current deal at an $8.25M AAV cap hit, and can submit a trade list of 5 teams. #NHLDraft
— Dynes Sports (@dynessports) July 7, 2022