- The New Orleans Pelicans held off the San Antonio Spurs to win their play-in game 113-103 on Wednesday night. CJ McCollum scored 32 points, had 7 assists, 6 rebounds and was 3-of-5 on 3 pointers. The Pelicans will face the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday to decide who will take the Western Conferences no.8 seed and play the Phoenix Suns in the 1st round of the playoffs.
- The Atlanta Hawks demolished the Charlotte Hornets 132-103 in Wednesday nights play-in game, which included a 42 point 3rd quarter. All 5 Atlanta starters scored in double figures. The Hawks still have to win one more play-in game, Friday night against the Cleveland Cavaliers, just to make the playoffs.
— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) April 14, 2022
- The Denver Nuggets guard Facundo Campazzo has been suspended by the NBA for 1 game, without pay for “forcefully shoving” Wayne Ellington of the LA Lakers during the game on Sunday. Campazzo was given a flagrant 2 foul and was ejected half way through the 2nd quarter. He will miss the 1st round series opener against the Golden State Warriors on Saturday.
— The Laker Files (@LakerFiles) April 11, 2022
- Stephon Gilmore, free-agent cornerback that was traded from the NE Patriots to the Carolina Panthers in October, was said to be visiting the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday. Gilmore has reportedly also been in contact with the Los Angeles Rams.
Free agent CB Stephon Gilmore visited the #Colts, per the wire.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 13, 2022
- The Houston Texans have signed free-agent cornerback Steven Nelson to a 2-year, $10-million contract. Nelson is coming off a one-year run with the Philadelphia Eagles.
- The Las Vegas Raiders and quarterback Derek Carr have agreed to a 3-year, $121.5-million extension that will take him through the 2025 season. The deal reportedly includes a no-trade clause.
"I've only wanted to be a Raider." pic.twitter.com/mvUtaXs5RK
— Las Vegas Raiders (@Raiders) April 13, 2022
- Logan Webb, right-hander for the San Francisco Giants, pitched a beautiful 8-innings. Allowing only 4-hits and 1-run, striking out 7 and giving up no walks. The Giants beat the San Diego Padres 2-1.
- First baseman Cody Bellinger, second baseman Gavin Lux and catcher Austin Barnes hit back-to-back-to-back homers in the top of the 8th-inning. The Los Angeles Dodgers ran over the Minnesota Twins 7-0.
— MLB (@MLB) April 13, 2022
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. had a HUGE night despite having his hand stepped on in the 2nd-inning which resulted in 2 stitches after the game. He went 4-for-4 with 3 homeruns and 4 RBI’s! Vlad and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the New York Yankees 6-4.
— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) April 14, 2022
- The Boston Red Sox and shortstop Xander Bogaerts are said to be $100-million apart in extension talks. Bogaerts has the opportunity to opt out after this season. Chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom doubled down on the teams commitment to keeping both Bogaerts and Devers saying “Trevor doesn’t change our desire to keep the other two guys. We’re hopeful we can keep both guys.”
- The New York Rangers beat the Philadelphia Flyers 4-0 o Wednesday night. The Rangers remain in 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division, 2 points behind the Carolina Hurricanes. Kappo Kakko scored 2 goals and Alexander Georgiev had 28 saves for the Rangers.
- The Colorado Avalanche score 4 goals in the 1st period, 2 in the 2nd and 3 in the 3rd to skate over the Los Angeles Kings 9-3.
Just an avalanche of goals in the first period… 😏
— NHL (@NHL) April 14, 2022
- The Boston Bruins will face the Pittsburg Penguins in the 2023 Winter Classic on January 2, 2023.