- The Brooklyn Nets and the Boston Celtics were up first in Wednesday nights playoff games. Jaylen Brown scored 22 points, 10 of those in the 4th quarter. The Celtics rallied from 17 points down to beat the Nets in game 2 of the 7 game series. Boston held Kevin Durant to 0 points in the entire 2nd half. Kyrie Irving scored just 10 points. Celtics lead this first round 2-0. The series moves to Brooklyn for game 3 on Saturday night.
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) April 21, 2022
- Joel Embiid hits 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds left on the clock in OT to win it for the Philadelphia 76er’s 104-101 over the Toronto Raptors. Embiid had 33 points and 13 rebounds leading the way to the 76er’s 3-0 series lead. The Raptors sit in a do-or-die situation in game 4 on Saturday night.
JOEL EMBIID WITH THE HUGE THREE IN OT 😱 pic.twitter.com/VKpdy4HszF
— ESPN (@espn) April 21, 2022
- Chicago Bulls hang on 114-110 over the Milwaukee Bucks and even the series up at 1-1. DeMar DeRozen pulls off a career playoff-high 41 points. The Bucks lost Bobby Portis in the first quarter with an eye abrasion and Khris Middleton exited in the 4th with a sore knee after slipping. Status on both is unknown so far. The series will head to Chicago Friday night for game 3.
Final Numbers from tonight’s WIN! 📊
Ayo: 2r/1a pic.twitter.com/QYVeJLamAj
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) April 21, 2022
- Thursday’s Playoff schedule : Memphis Grizzles at Minnesota Timberwolves – 7:30pm EST, Dallas Mavericks at Utah Jazz – 9:00pm EST, Golden State Warriors at Denver Nuggets – 10:00pm EST.
- Kyle Schwarber smashed a MONSTER homerun up into the right field 3rd deck at Coors Field. John Camargo rocked a 3-run homerun in a 5-run 7th-inning, Nick Castellanos and Alec Bohm also went over the wall ultimately lifting the Philadelphia Phillies over the Colorado Rockies 9-6.
That baseball was crushed, demolished, hammered, etc. pic.twitter.com/dyaLVtQj6X
— Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) April 20, 2022
- Los Angeles Angels right-hander Shohei Ohtani was without a win, carrying a 5.92 ERA in his 6 starts against the Houston Astros going into Wednesday’s start. Ohtani changed the narrative on Wednesday pitching a perfect game into the 6th-inning. He tied his career best 12 strikeouts also contributing with 2 hits and 2 RBI’s. The Angels shut out the Houston Astros 6-0.
- The Atlanta Braves have traded right-hander Sean Newcomb to the Chicago Cubs in exchange for veteran reliever Jesse Chavez and cash considerations.
- Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin scored his 50th goal on Wednesday against the Las Vegas Golden Knights. This is Ovechkins’ 9th season reaching the milestone making him tied with Wayne Gretzky and Mike Bossy for the most 50-goal seasons in NHL history. Golden Knights beat the Capitals 4-3.
Alex Ovechkin with the huge wind-up to secure his ninth 50-goal season. 🦅 pic.twitter.com/6OSIHVQdXS
— NHL (@NHL) April 21, 2022
- Chicago Blackhawks right-winger Alex DeBrincat scored his 40th goal of the season with 37 seconds left in OT, giving the Blackhawks the 4-3 win over the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday night.
THIS ONE IS OVER!
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) April 21, 2022
- Amanda Kessel, U.S. women’s hockey star, joins the Pittsburg Penguins executive management program that could put her on course to work full time in an NHL front office. Kessel is the first participant in this new program that the team revealed on Wednesday.