- Stephen Curry had an uncharacteristically off game but his supporting cast stepped up when it mattered. Andrew Wiggins and Klay Thompson carried the Golden State Warriors to a 104-94 Game 5 win over the Boston Celtics. Wiggins had 26 points and 13 rebounds while Thompson contributed 21 points. Jayson Tatum had led Boston with 27 points in their 2nd consecutive loss. The Celtics face a do-or-die Game 6 Thursday night in Boston.
Jordan Poole with another long-distance buzzer-beater on ABC! pic.twitter.com/zkrcFE2uxC
— NBA (@NBA) June 14, 2022
- Memphis Grizzlies head coach Taylor Jenkins agreed to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced Monday.
Memphis Grizzlies announce they agreed to a multi-year contract extension with head coach Taylor Jenkins pic.twitter.com/0JkAi7F8hP
— Mark Medina (@MarkG_Medina) June 13, 2022
- The Denver Nuggets have decided to trade their veteran big man JaMychal Green and a protected 2027 1st-round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the No. 30 pick in the upcoming NBA draft and 2 future 2nd-round picks.
Green is expected to exercise his $8.2M contract for 2022-2023. Deal gives Nuggets flexibility to use a $6.4M tax mid-level exception or an $8.2M trade exception in offseason. Nuggets expect to be a tax-paying team. Thunder have $31M in cap space to absorb Green salary.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 13, 2022
- Atlanta Braves 2nd baseman Ozzie Albies suffered a fractured left foot during a 5th-inning at-bat Monday against the Washington Nationals. The injury happen as he was leaving the batter’s box on a ground out. He fell down, and then slowly left the field on his own without assistance but was then seen hopping on one foot toward the clubhouse.
Ozzie Albies left tonight’s game in the fifth inning after he fractured his left foot.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) June 14, 2022
- Stephen Stasburg, Washington Nationals right-hander, was placed back on the injury list after experiencing discomfort during his bullpen session following his 1st start back on Thursday after returning from the injured list. He underwent an MRI on Monday, they are waiting for results.
Washington Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg is headed back to the injured list after feeling discomfort following a bullpen session. The 33-year-old Strasburg has made one start this season. https://t.co/3fnw67ZZYJ
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) June 14, 2022
- Major League Baseball upheld New York Yankees 3rd baseman Josh Donaldson’s 1 game suspension for his remark he made to Chicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson back in May. MLB reduced his fine to $5,000 and he will serve the 1 game suspension on Tuesday when New York faces the Tampa Bay Rays.
Yankees infielder Josh Donaldson will have to serve his one-game suspension stemming from his 'Jackie' comment to the White Sox's Tim Anderson. https://t.co/g01EaitOzP
— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) June 14, 2022
- Kevin Demoff, Los Angeles Rams COO, believes that the organization will reach an agreement with their free-agent wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
Demoff said “If we didn’t have a salary cap, we could’ve signed Odell months ago and would’ve loved to. The one variable that hasn’t changed is how much we love him and want him to be there. Am I optimistic we can get a deal done over time? Yes.”
- Lamar Jackson showed up on Monday to take his physical ahead of a 3 day mandatory mini camp with the Baltimore Ravens. Lamar, for the 1st time in his career, missed “organized team activities” during this off season. He is in the 5th and final year of his contract.
Marlon Humphrey has found Lamar Jackson pic.twitter.com/X6bhFyGPhD
— Kevin Oestreicher (@koestreicher34) June 13, 2022