- Much like the first 3 games have gone game 4 followed suite with one team dominating the duration. The Boston Celtics jumping out to the early 1st quarter lead and charging the rest of the way through beating the Miami Heat 102-82 and evening the series at 2-2. Jayson Tatum led the charge with 31 points and 9 rebounds, Payton Pritchard contributed 14 points and Al Horford pulled down 13 rebounds. Victor Olidipo was on top for the Heat with 23 points. Miami’s starting 5 were a combined 7 of 36 shooting and all 5 sat out the 4th quarter. Injuries have played a part throughout the series. Boston was without Marcus Smart but did see the return of Robert Williams and Miami did see the return of Jimmy Butler but went without Tyler Herro. Game 5 is Wednesday in Miami.
Welcome back Time Lord 🔨 pic.twitter.com/sZlRxE9k4J
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) May 24, 2022
- Tuesdays Playoff game : Golden State Warriors at Dallas Mavericks (Game 4) (GS 3 – DAL 0) – 9:00pm EST (TNT)
- Two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Tamp Bay Lightning completed the sweep of their in state rivals, the Florida Panthers, winning 2-0 in game 4. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa goaltender, delivers another stellar performance stopping 49 shots. This will be the Lightnings 6th appearance in the eastern conference finals in the last 8 years. They will face the winner of the Carolina Hurricanes and New York Rangers series.
GOOD GOAL 🚨 pic.twitter.com/J2QYTKJog4
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) May 24, 2022
- Nazem Kadri scored 3 goals, 2 of those during a 4-goal 2nd period. The Colorado Avalanche beat the St. Louis Blues 6-3 on Monday night and took a 3-1 lead in their Western Conference series. Erik Johnson and Devon Toews scored a goal a piece and Mikko Rantanen added an empty netter for the Avalanche and Darcy Kuemper made 17 saves in the losing effort. Game 5 is Wednesday.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 24, 2022
- Tuesday Playoff schedule : Carolina Hurricanes at New York Rangers (Game 4) (CAR 2 – NY 1) – 7:00pm EST (ESPN), Calgary Flames at Edmonton Oilers (Game 4) (EDM 2 – CAL 1) – 9:30pm EST (ESPN)
- Milwaukee Brewers starting pitcher Freddy Peralta will miss a significant amount of time due to a shoulder injury. According to manager Craig Counsell the MRI showed a posterior shoulder strain.
The Brewers expect Freddy Peralta to pitch again in 2022, but “he is going to miss a significant amount of time,” Craig Counsell says. pic.twitter.com/sH04iYIrmZ
— Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) May 23, 2022
- New York Yankees 3rd baseman Josh Donaldson has been suspended by Major League Baseball for 1 game for his inappropriate comments toward Chicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson on Saturday, the league announced Monday.
“MLB has completed the process of speaking to the individuals in this incident. There is no dispute over what was said on the field. Regardless of Mr. Donaldson’s intent, the comment he directed toward Mr. Anderson was disrespectful and in poor judgment, particularly when viewed in the context of their prior interactions. In addition, Mr. Donaldson’s remark was a contributing factor in a bench-clearing incident between the teams and warrants discipline.”
- Paul Goldschmidt hit a walk-off grand slam in the 10th inning, lifting the St. Louis Cardinals over the Toronto Blue Jays 7-3.
— Bally Sports Midwest (@BallySportsMW) May 24, 2022