- The Philadelphia 76er’s controlled game 2 most of the way to their 112-97 victory over the Toronto Raptors. Joel Embiid led the 76er’s with 31 points and 11 rebounds.
our EMVPIID was shining tonight. ✨ pic.twitter.com/6vrPacn4Gf
— Philadelphia 76ers (@sixers) April 19, 2022
- The Utah Jazz and the Dallas Mavericks met for game 2 of their playoff series on Monday night. Dallas came up big and beat the Jazz 110-104 to even the series up at 1-1. Jalen Brunson had a monumental game and scored a career high 41 points. Dallas as a whole set a playoff record with 22 made 3 point shots.
— x – Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) April 19, 2022
- The Golden State Warriors cruise to victory over the Denver Nuggets 126-106. Stephen Curry only played 23 minutes but showed up big and led the warriors with 34 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists. Jordan Poole, who started for Curry, had another great game scoring 29 points, 5 rebounds and 8 assists. Denver’s Nikola Jokic had 26 points and 11 rebounds before being ejected after his 2nd technical with about 7 minutes left in the game. Golden State leads the series 2-0.
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) April 19, 2022
- Tuesday’s playoff schedule : Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat – 7:30pm EST, Minnesota Timberwolves at Memphis Grizzles – 8:30pm EST, New Orleans Pelicans at Phoenix Suns – 10:00pm EST.
- The Oakland A’s added 6 players to the COVID-19 injured list before their Monday night home opener against the Baltimore Orioles. They joined outfielder Scott Piscotty who was placed on the list Friday. The 6 players added Monday included : Infielders Jed Lowrie and Chad Pinder, relievers A.J. Puk, Lou Trivino and Kirby Snead and catcher Austin Allen.
- Maybe fitting, Freddie Freeman hits his first homerun in a Dodgers uniform, in his first at bat against his former team the Atlanta Braves. Trea Turner’s bases-loaded double also contributed to the Dodgers 5-run 4th-inning and Los Angeles wins it 7-4. This was LA’s 7th straight win.
— MLB (@MLB) April 19, 2022
- MLB Players of the week : National League : Seiya Suzuki, Chicago Cubs outfielder – .412 BA, 3 HR, 2 DBL, 5 RBI’s. American League : José Ramírez, Cleveland Guardians third baseman – .478 BA, 2 HR, 2 DBL, 11 RBI’s.
Seiya Suzuki and @MrLapara have been unstoppable to start the year.
— MLB (@MLB) April 18, 2022
- Colorado Avalanche defenseman, Cale Makar has added to a spectacular season by breaking the points in a season record for the franchise with his 83rd goal in Mondays game against the Washington Capitals. Washington beat Colorado 3-2.
— z – Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) April 19, 2022
- Dylan Larkin, Detroit Red Wings captain, underwent core muscle surgery on Monday and will miss the remainder of the season. Recovery is expected to take 8 to 10 weeks. Larkin leads the Red Wings with 31 goals and 69 points in 70 games this season. Detroit has 6 games left in their regular season as they have failed to make the playoffs.
- The NHL has named their “Three stars for the week” for the week ending April 17th. * St. Louis Blues right wing Vladimir Tarasenko, ** Minnesota Wild left wing Kevin Fiala, *** Edmonton Oilers goaltender Mike Smith
NHL Three Stars of the Week for the week ending April 17th, 2022.
— Complete Hockey News (@CompleteHkyNews) April 18, 2022