- New England Patriots quarterback, Mac Jones is entering his 2nd year in the league and continues to earn great respect from teammates. Tight end Jonnu Smith said Monday on NFL Netwroks “Good Morning Football””Mac is definitely one of the most goofiest guys in the locker room, to be honest, man. But when he steps on that field, he’s a different character. He’s just got so much ability and so much dog in him. Once he flips that switch, he’s a whole different character. Some guys don’t know how to cut that on and cut that off when it’s time to do it. He’s so young. He’s poised. He’s got a little swagger to him, man. I’m glad he’s throwing us passes. That’s my guy.”
.@Patriots TE Jonnu Smith on @gmfb @nflnetwork on what's impressed him about QB Mac Jones: "The way he can turn it on. He's one one of the goofiest guys around. He has so much ability. So much dog in him. When he flips that switch, he's a different person. That's my guy."
— Will Selva (@WillSelvaTV) June 27, 2022
- Veteran running backs, Adrian Peterson and Le’Veon Bell appear to be set for a boxing match. July 30th the men will exchange blows at Crypto.com Arena as part of YouTuber Austin McBroom’s Social Gloves event.
A boxing showdown between two NFL superstars is in the works — Adrian Peterson is currently in the process of becoming Le'Veon Bell's opponent at https://t.co/HrZgzleYbH Arena next month, TMZ Sports has learned. https://t.co/DPV17ZB4T5
— TMZ (@TMZ) June 27, 2022
- The 5th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, Kayvon Thibodeaux is ready for his his debut season with the New York Giants after dealing with a minor hip injury this spring. Thibodeaux said Monday on “NFL Total Access, “I’m fully healthy; I’m doing fine, I’m back training, and I’ll be ready to go for training camp.”
- Kyrie Irving has made the decision to stay put for the upcoming season. He will stay with the Brooklyn Nets after choosing to opt into his $37 million player option.
Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving is opting into his $37 million player option for the 2022-23 season, @TheAthletic @Stadium has learned. Irving is bypassing on multiple opt-in and trade scenarios to fulfill his four-year commitment to the Nets and Kevin Durant.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) June 27, 2022
- Former No. 1 overall pick John Wall and the Houston Rockets have reached a buyout agreement, allowing the veteran guard to go into free agency. Wall recently exercised his $47.4-million player option for next season but will give back $6.5 million to become an unrestricted free agent. Wall is expected to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers once he clears waivers.
John Wall is planning to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers once he clears waivers, sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 28, 2022
- Malik Monk is open to staying with the Los Angeles Lakers for the upcoming season even if that means settling for less money. Monk said on Monday : “Money is always a part, man, but I don’t think it’s the biggest priority in my free agency this year. It’s me feeling like I’m having a home, and I can go out there and do the same things I did this year.”
REPORT: Malik Monk is open to taking less money to return to the Lakers 👀
— Lakers All Day Everyday (@LADEig) June 27, 2022
- Suspensions are being handed down as the result of the huge brawl that took place on Sunday between the Los Angeles Angels and the Seattle Mariners. 12 suspensions in total have been given.
|Phil Nevin||10||Jesse Winker||7|
|Anthony Rendon||5||J.P. Crawford||5|
|Dom Chiti||5||Julio Rodriguez||2|
|Manny Del Campo||2|
- Chad Kuhl pitched his 1st major league complete game shut-out against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday. Kuhl threw a 3-hitter shutting out LA and the Colorado Rockies won 4-0.
— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) June 28, 2022