- James Washington, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver will miss 10 weeks after fracturing his foot during Monday’s practice. He was taken off the field in a cart after attempting to make a catch downfield. He will reportedly undergo surgery in Dallas on Tuesday. Washington’s timeline could possibly be as short as 6 weeks.
As feared, Cowboys WR James Washington fractured his right foot, two people familiar with situation said. Surgery to come. Dallas to be without both Washington, Michael Gallup to begin season. pic.twitter.com/KN7kUXi12y
— Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) August 1, 2022
- Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski announced Monday that he plans to stick with quarterback Jacoby Brissett as the starter during Deshaun Watson’s 6-game suspension.
Stefanski reiterates the plan is for Jacoby Brissett to start Week 1, but they need to get both QBs ready to play. “We have a couple plans. We’re going to stick to it until we get more information.”
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 1, 2022
- The Chicago Bears are considering trading offensive tackle Teven Jenkins after having teams show interest in the 2021 2nd-round pick. Jenkins has missed 3 straight practices to start off training camp, but the Bears aren’t saying why he has been absent. Jenkins was running with the 1st-team unit during offseason workouts but was bumped by Larry Borom at right tackle.
The #Bears have received calls and have held trade talks centered around OT Teven Jenkins, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. The former 2nd round pick has drawn interest based on his potential. A situation to watch.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 1, 2022
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are signing Chris Boswell to a 4-year, $20 million contract extension that carries $12.5 million guaranteed. Playing 7 NFL seasons, all with the Steelers, Boswell currently ranks as the 4th-most accurate kicker in NFL history. He holds an 88.4 field goal percentage and is now under contract until 2026.
Steelers are giving kicker Chris Boswell a new four-year, $20 million extension that includes $12.5 million guaranteed, his agent Jeff Nalley confirmed Monday. The four-year extension ties Boswell with Justin Tucker as the highest-paid kickers in NFL history.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 1, 2022
- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray has tested positive for COVID-19 and will be out of practice for at least 5 days. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury told reporters on Monday and also added that the symptoms are very minor. The NFL suspended COVID-19 protocols earlier this year but made sure that teams were aware that a positive Covid test does require a 5-day quarantine period to go along with CDC guidelines.
QB Kyler Murray has tested positive for Covid and will be out minimum of five days for the @AZCardinals, Kliff Kingsbury said.
The way camp has played out for Kyler so far is … something.
— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) August 1, 2022
- The Houston Astros are trading right-handed starter Jake Odorizzi to the Atlanta Braves in return for left-handed reliever Will Smith. They have also officially picked up outfielder Robbie Grossman from the Detroit Tigers in return for minor-league pitcher Kris Anglin. Continuing to make moves later into the day they acquired catcher Christian Vazquez from the Boston Red Sox in return for 2 of Houstons top 25 prospects.
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) August 2, 2022
- 3rd baseman for the Atlanta Braves, Austin Riley, has signed a new 10-year, $212-million contract. Riley’s contract is the most exspensive in franchise history and will keep him in Atlanta through the 2032 season. The deal does have a club option for 2033 worth an additional $20 million.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 1, 2022
- The New York Yankees picked up right-hander Frankie Montas as well as reliever Lou Trivino from the Oakland Athletics. They received in return left-handers Ken Waldichuk and J.P. Sears, right-hander Luis Medina, and 2nd baseman Cooper Bowman.
The New York Yankees are acquiring right-hander Frankie Montas and right-handed reliever Lou Trivino from the Oakland A’s, sources tell ESPN.
First was Andrew Benintendi. Then was Scott Effross. And now the Yankees get Montas to join their rotation.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 1, 2022
- The Pittsburgh Pirates have traded left-handed starter Jose Quintana and right-handed reliever Chris Stratton to the St. Louis Cardinals in return for right-handed reliever Johan Oviedo as well as infield prospect Malcom Nunez.
We have acquired LHP José Quintana and RHP Chris Stratton from the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for RHP Johan Oviedo and minor league INF Malcom Nuñez. pic.twitter.com/OSvpH8aZh1
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) August 2, 2022
- The Arizona Diamondbacks traded right-hander Luke Weaver to the Kansas City Royals in return for 3rd baseman Emmanuel Rivera.
BREAKING: The Arizona Diamondbacks have traded RHP Luke Weaver to the Kansas City Royals in exchange for 3B Emmanuel Rivera.
Another piece of the Goldschmidt trade gone… pic.twitter.com/e9n6Gnlvf0
— PHNX Diamondbacks (@PHNX_Dbacks) August 1, 2022