- The Green Bay Packers have agreed to contract extensions with head coach Matt LaFleur, general manager Brian Gutekunst, and executive VP Russ Ball. Details of the contracts had not been reported as of Monday.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 25, 2022
- When Chicago Bears veterans report to camp on Tuesday linebacker Roquan Smith will not be among them. He is holding out due to his contract situation. Smith is beginning the final year of his rookie contract and reportedly as of right now has not received an offer from Chicago that he would “remotely consider”.
#Bears All-Pro LB Roquan Smith will not be participating in training camp when veteran report tomorrow, sources say, because of his contract situation. Smith has not yet received an offer he would remotely consider, thus he’ll wait.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 25, 2022
- Orlando Brown, offensive tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs, was unable to agree to a long-term deal before the deadline for franchise-tagged players, after turning down Kansas City’s best offer. Brown will not report to Chiefs camp when veterans arrive Tuesday. A holdout was expected and will be official soon.
Report: Orlando Brown Jr. will not report to training camp. https://t.co/oSGqXwKorN
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) July 25, 2022
- The Boston Celtics have thrown their hat in the ring for a chance at Kevin Durant. The Celtics proposing a trade that would include Jaylen Brown, Derrik White and a draft pick. The Nets countered with and offer that would also include defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart, even more draft capital and possibly another rotation player. Boston made it very clear that Jayson Tatum was not on the table to be added to any discussion. The Miami Heat and the Toronto Raptors are still in pursuit of 33-year-old Durant as well.
Kevin Durant on Celtics trade rumors. pic.twitter.com/4bx9oskd6q
— Johnson White (@JohnsonWhiteNBA) July 25, 2022
- The Utah Jazz and New York Knicks have joined the Indiana Pacers as teams that have interest acquiring former MVP Russell Westbrook from the Los Angeles Lakers. The 9-time All-Star will make $47 million for the 2022-23 season and then will become an unrestricted free agent next offseason.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 25, 2022
- Shareef O’Neal, undrafted forward and the son of Shaquille O’Neal, is joining the G League Ignite on a deal reportedly worth 6 figures.
Before this year’s draft, the 22-year-old revealed that his father disagreed with his decision to turn pro.
“He wanted me to stay in school,” O’Neal said. “I wanted to better myself through this. He knows I’m working out with teams. But I’m not going to lie; we ain’t talked about this. I’m kind of just going through it. He didn’t do any pre-draft workouts; he just got straight on the (Orlando Magic), so it’s a different grind.”
- The Detroit Red Wings have signed Robert Hagg, an unrestricted free-agent defenseman, to a 1-year deal worth $800,000 on Monday.
UPDATE: The #RedWings today signed defenseman Robert Hagg to a one-year contract with an average annual value of $800,000.
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) July 25, 2022
- The Anaheim Ducks managed to avoid arbitration with restricted free-agent forward Isac Lundestrom by signing him to a 2-year deal on Monday. The pact carries an AAV of $1.8 million. Lundestrom’s salary arbitration hearing was scheduled for July 27. He will still become an restricted free agent after this 2-year deal expires.
Isac Lundestrom and ANA settle at two years, $1.8M AAV
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) July 25, 2022
- Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier will undergo hip surgery that will unfortunately end his season. Manager Kevin Cash made the announcement Monday and also adding that catcher Mike Zunino will have thoracic outlet syndrome surgery and is also out for the rest of the campaign. Kiermaier and Zunino could both possibly become free agents in the offseason.
— Bally Sports Sun: Rays (@BallyRays) July 25, 2022
- Mets right-hander Jacob deGrom will make what will possibly be his last minor league rehab start with Triple-A Syracuse on Wednesday. deGrom hasn’t pitched a major league game since July 7th, he has been sidelined since late in spring training by a stress reaction in his right scapula.
— New York Post (@nypost) July 26, 2022
- The Boston Red Sox managed to put a stop to the 5 game nose dive they have been on by beating the Cleveland Guardians 3-1 on Monday night. Tarps were rolled out in the 3rd inning and the game remained under rain delay for 38 minutes before resuming.
Verdugo-ahead double 👊 pic.twitter.com/y7nGuZB8jF
— Red Sox (@RedSox) July 26, 2022