- San Francisco 49ers safety Jimmie Ward pulled his hamstring and will more then likely not be ready for the season opener on Sept. 11 in Chicago. Head coach Kyle Shanahan said Ward was injured in practice on Sunday and he will be out for a few weeks. Before practice on Monday Shanahan said :
“It was a pretty bad hamstring injury. We’ll see over the next couple of weeks how it plays out.”
49ers S Jimmy Ward has a "pretty bad" hamstring injury per HC Kyle Shanahan. He has been downgraded to doubtful for week 1. Grade II hamstring strain (partially tear in one or more of the muscles) most likely cause. #49ersCamp #49ers #NFLhttps://t.co/BQ5AoyEFWz
— MillsRx (@GameMedicine) August 15, 2022
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly signing veteran defensive end Carl Nassib to a 1-year deal. This will be his 2nd go round with Tampa as he was with the team 2018-2019.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 16, 2022
- The Philadelphia Eagles will send wide receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside to the Seattle Seahawks in return for defensive back Ugo Amadi.
Eagles have agreed to terms to trade TE JJ Arcega-Whiteside to the Seahawks for S Ugo Amadi. pic.twitter.com/vh6mpyKpW4
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) August 15, 2022
- Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Walker Buehler will undergo season-ending elbow surgery Aug. 23. Buehler felt elbow discomfort after playing catch last week. Manager Dave Roberts said the decision to have surgery was made after an MRI he had last week. They don’t believe that he will require tommy john but said they will know more once surgery is complete.
Walker Buehler will have season-ending elbow surgery on August 23 performed by Dr. Neal ElAttrache.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 15, 2022
- Kansas City Royals reliever Amir Garrett was handed a 3 game suspension for throwing a drink at a fan during the game against the Chicago White Sox on Aug. 2. Garrett will be appealing the suspension, which does mean he will be eligible to pitch for the Royals until the league makes a final decision.
Royals pitcher Amir Garrett received a three-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for throwing a drink at a fan during a game on Aug. 2 https://t.co/dQLBEDn6nh
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 16, 2022
- The Atlanta Braves rolled over the New York Mets 13-1 Monday night pulling off their 7th straight win. William Contreras and Eddie Rosario hit back-to-back homeruns off of Carlos Carrasco in the 2nd inning. Ronald Acuña Jr. hit 3 doubles and drove in 3 runs. 2nd place Atlanta has moved within 4 1/2 games of New York in the NL East.
The Braves played Edwin Diaz’s “Narco” walk-out song after their own William Contreras hit a home run.
Mets-Braves: NL East’s trumpet rivalry 🎺
— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) August 16, 2022
- The New York Yankees suffering another shutout on Monday night losing to the Tampa Bay Rays 4-0. This was the 1st time since 2016 that New York has taken back to back shut out loses, they lost to Boston 3-0 on Sunday. The AL East leaders were shut down for the 4th time in 9 games. They drop to 8-16 since the All-Star break after having a spectacular 64-28 start.
Hey Siri, I'm looking for run insurance in New York City
Ok, here is what I found pic.twitter.com/I4FWzBeuA9
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) August 16, 2022