- The Philadelphia 76er’s were without MVP finalist Joel Embiid in game 1 on Monday night in Miami. Embiid did not travel with the team, he is recovering from and orbital fracture and concussion. He is expected to miss game 2 as well. Miami led most of the way beating the 76er’s 106-92. Tyler Herro was on top for Miami with 25 points despite having battled an upper respiratory bug the last few days. Bam Adebayo finished just behind Herro with 24 points and 12 rebounds. Tobias Harris scored 27 points for Philadelphia. James Harden contributed 16 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. Game 2 is Wednesday night in South Florida.
#HEATWin Round 2 Game 1 final – Miami 106, Philadelphia 92
🔥 Herro: 25pts (4 3s) & 7asts
🔥 Adebayo: 24pts (8-10 FGM), 12rebs & 4asts
🔥 Butler: 15pts, 9rebs & 3asts
🔥 Tucker: 10pts & 7rebs
🔥 Vincent: 10pts, 3rebs & 3asts pic.twitter.com/qmXL3vxiB6
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) May 3, 2022
- The Phoenix Suns jumped to a 9-0 lead in the opening minutes of game 1 and held the lead the entire rest of the way. The Suns beat the Dallas Mavericks 121-114. Deandre Ayton scored 25 points and Devin Booker added 23 for Phoenix. Luka Doncic had an outstanding 45 points and 12 rebounds in the Mavericks losing effort. Game 2 is Wednesday in Phoenix.
HOW DID MIKAL GET THERE?! pic.twitter.com/7teZGl4u8G
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) May 3, 2022
- Tuesday’s Playoff schedule : Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics – 7:00pm EST (TNT), Golden State Warriors at Memphis Grizzles – 9:30pm EST (TNT)
- The Carolina Hurricanes dominated the Boston Bruins 5-1 in game 1 of their 1st-round playoff series. Raanta had 35 saves while Seth Jarvis and Nino Niederreiter scored a pair of 2nd-period goals for Carolina. Game 2 is Wednesday in Raleigh.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 3, 2022
- The Toronto Maple Leafs trounced the defending champion Tampa Bay Lightning 5-0. Auston Matthews had 2 goals and 1 assist while Jack Campbell made 23 saves in the 2nd playoff shutout of his career. Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 28 shots for the Lightning.
— NHL (@NHL) May 3, 2022
- Ville Husso made 37 saves and got the shutout in his postseason debut for the St. Louis Blues. David Perron had a hat trick and an assist to lead St. Louis past the Minnesota Wild 4-0 in Game 1 of their 1st-round series.
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) May 3, 2022
- Phillip Danault scored with 14:46 on the clock in the 3rd period, which led the Los Angeles Kings to a 4-3 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Monday night in Game 1. Trevor Moore, Alex Iafallo and Brandon Lemieux each had a goal for the Kings. LA’s goalie Jonathan Quick had 35 saves. Mike Smith stopped 31 of 35 shots for Edmonton.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 3, 2022
- Tuesday’s Playoff schedule – Pittsburg Penguins at New York Rangers – 7:00pm EST (ESPN), Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers – 7:30pm EST (ESPN2), Nashville Predators at Colorado Avalanche – 9:30pm EST (ESPN), Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames – 10:00pm EST (ESPN2)
- Gleyber Torres homered early, then hit a tiebreaking single in the 9th inning and the Yankees won their 10th straight game, beating the Toronto Blue Jays 3-2 on Monday.
Have a night, Gleyber 👏 pic.twitter.com/UbiHaix0qV
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) May 3, 2022
- New York Mets reliever Yoan Lopez has been suspended 3 games and fined for intentionally throwing at the Philadelphia Phillies during Sunday’s game. Mets manager Buck Showalter also received a 1-game suspension that he will serve Monday when his team faces the Atlanta Braves.
New York Mets manager Buck Showalter and pitcher Yoan Lopez were suspended after MLB deemed that Lopez had intentionally thrown at the Phillies' Kyle Schwarber during the ninth inning of Sunday night's game. https://t.co/paVj6RlsZa
— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) May 3, 2022
- The Houston Astros shutout the Seattle Mariners 3-0 on Monday night giving manager Dusty Baker his 1,999th win. It left him1 win away from becoming the 12th manager in MLB history to get to 2,000 wins.
The Astros top the Mariners 3-0 with homers from Yordan Alvarez and Jeremy Peña.
Houston manager Dusty Baker needs just one more win to become the 12th manager in MLB history to reach 2,000 win.https://t.co/9QeRMb1vkY
— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) May 3, 2022