- What started as an absolute blowout with the Miami Heat leading the Boston Celtics by as many as 25 points just minutes before halftime, led way to a scrappy 2nd-half and a Heat victory 109-103. Jimmy Butler did not return to the floor for the Heat after halftime. Marcus Smart and Jayson Tatum both went down hard for Boston but both returned. Boston turned over the ball 23 times and Miami got a franchise post-season record 19 steals. The Celtics never led but did cut the huge deficit down to just 1 point with 2:40 left to play in the game. Bam Adebayo was on top for Miami with 31 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists. Jaylen Brown showed up big for Boston with 40 points and 9 rebounds despite losing. Game 4 is Monday night in Boston.
— NBA (@NBA) May 22, 2022
Marcus Smart drains it from deep just MINUTES after going to the locker room with an apparent ankle injury 🤯
10-point game in Boston! pic.twitter.com/pkoaORFmCm
— NBA TV (@NBATV) May 22, 2022
- Sundays Playoff game : Golden State Warriors at Dallas Mavericks (Game 3) (GS 2 – DAL 0) – 9:00pm EST (TNT)
- Artturi Lehkonen scored 2 goals, Darcy Kuemper had 29 saves and the Colorado Avalanche beat the St. Louis Blues 5-2 in Game 3 on Saturday night. Logan O’Connor, Nazem Kadri and Gabriel Landeskog also scored giving the Avalanche the 2-1 lead in the series. Ryan O’Reilly scored a goal and had 1 assist, Colton Parayko also scored for the Blues. Jordan Binnington was starting goalie for St. Louis and had 3 saves before exiting the game 6:45 into the 1st period after Kadri and Blues defenseman Calle Rosen collided into him. Ville Husso stopped 19 of 23 shots in relief of Binnington. Game 4 is Monday in St. Louis.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 22, 2022
- Sunday Playoff games : Florida Panthers at Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 3) (TB 2 – FLA 0) – 1:30pm EST (TNT), Carolina Hurricanes at New York Rangers (Game 3) (CAR 2 – NY 0) – 3:30pm EST (ESPN), Calgary Flames at Edmonton Oilers (Game 3) (CGY 1 – EDM 1) – 8:00pm EST (ESPN2)
- The Seattle Mariners signed 4-time All-Star outfielder Justin Upton to a contract, they announced Saturday. Upton, who was released by the Los Angeles Angels the night before Opening Day, will report to Seattle’s extended spring training in Arizona.
We have signed outfielder Justin Upton to a 1-year Major League contract. He will report to extended Spring Training in Peoria, Arizona.
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) May 22, 2022
- Rafael Devers blasted 2 homeruns, Christian Vázquez had a tiebreaking single in the 8th-inning. Boston’s bullpen managed to hold the Seattle Mariners scoreless for 6 innings, lifting the Red Sox to a 6-5 win on Saturday.
Kiké ending the game in style! pic.twitter.com/X7aYKTttme
— Red Sox (@RedSox) May 21, 2022
- Yankees reliever Chad Green was placed on the injured list and could possibly be headed for surgery. Green was injured in Thursdays loss to Baltimore, he suffered an elbow strain and is seeking a second opinion.