- Kareem Hunt, Cleveland Browns running back, has not participated in team drills the last 2 days. He is currently staging a partial “hold in” during training camp in hopes of receiving a contract extension. Hunt is in the last year of a 2-year deal he signed in 2020 that was worth $20 million.
Confirming that Kareem Hunt has held out of team drills for the past two practices because he wants a contract extension, as he first told clevelanddotcom in June. @JosinaAnderson first reported he's holding out of drills for the new deal.
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) August 6, 2022
- Carolina Panthers head coach Matt Rhule has said that they will not be making any “major decisions” about who will get the official title of “starting quarterback” until after the August 19th pre-season contest against the New England Patriots. Coach has not shut out the idea of putting off the decision past that point if he feels its necessary and that neither one of them has seperated themselves from the pack after the New England game. Rhule said on Saturday :
“The Patriots week is a true litmus test for us. That will really show us where guys are.”
Andy Vermaut shares:Panthers won't decide between Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield as QB1 for at least two more weeks: The Carolina Panthers have a quarterback battle in camp between… https://t.co/JxdbLh16DV Thank you. #ThankYouJournalistsForTheNewsWeGetFromYou #AndyVermautThanksYou pic.twitter.com/uGO6oy8PX0
— Andy Vermaut (@AndyVermaut) August 6, 2022
- After missing almost a week of training camp Arizona Cardinals QB Kyler Murray returned to practice on Saturday. He was in full pads but was limited on his 1st day back. Murray reportedly only suffered mild symptoms and was able to attend all meetings virtually.
Best fans in the league
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) August 7, 2022
- Michael Thomas has not played an NFL game since January of 2021. Reports coming out of training camp suggest that the wide receiver is a step closer to getting back out on the field. Thomas participated in team drills during the New Orleans Saints’ practice on Saturday. The team saying that Thomas is a “full-go” for training camp. He has endured a long recovery from ankle surgery that has kept him on the sidelines for over a year.
— Jackson Grant (@Jaxadus) August 5, 2022
- Max Scherzer tied his season high with 11 strikeouts in 7 innings. The New York Mets beat the dragging Atlanta Braves 6-2 on Saturday night allowing them to complete a doubleheader sweep. Francisco Lindor had 3 hits and added 3 RBIs as New York took game 1 of the double header 8-5, and the Mets stretched their NL East lead to 5 1/2 games.
— MLB (@MLB) August 7, 2022
- Will Smith sent a 3 run shot over the wall, and the Dodgers continues to run away from the rest of the NL West with their 7th straight victory, 8-3 over the 2nd-place Padres on Saturday.
Seven Ws in a row! pic.twitter.com/oaKS2n1fHX
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 7, 2022
- Lars Nootbar makes a spectacular diving catch in right field to rob Kyle Higashioka of a hit. St. Louis Cardinals beat the New York Yankees 1-0 on Saturday.
NOOOOOOT is that DUUUUUUUDE pic.twitter.com/E1oOKokNfa
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) August 7, 2022
- Rookie Nick Pratto smashed his 1st career walk-off homerun to lift the Kansas City Royals past the Boston Red Sox 5-4.
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) August 7, 2022