- The Utah Jazz and the Dallas Mavericks had the 1st of 4 NBA Playoff games on Saturday. Donovan Mitchell led the Jazz scoring 30 of his 32 points in the 2nd half. Dallas was without 23-year-old superstar, Luka Doncic, who is still out with the calf strain he suffered in the regular season finale. Jazz take game 1 over the Mavericks 99-93.
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) April 16, 2022
- Minnesota Timberwolves and the Memphis Grizzles met in the 2nd game of the day. The No. 7 seed Timberwolves stunned the No. 2 seed Grizzles 130-117. Anthony Edwards led the Timberwolves in his NBA post-season debut with 36 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks.
WOLVES WIN!!! pic.twitter.com/0gX0nXZn6o
— Minnesota Timberwolves (@Timberwolves) April 16, 2022
- Game 3 of the day found the Philadelphia 76er’s dominating the Toronto Raptors 131-111. 21-year-old Tyrese Maxey leads the 76er’s with 38 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
— Philadelphia 76ers (@sixers) April 17, 2022
- Final game of the night was another roll over, the Golden State Warriors beat the Denver Nuggets 123-107. Stephen Curry did make his return after missing the last 12 games but was used cautiously. Jordon Poole had a stand-out game with 30 points, 1 rebound and 3 assists.
come for the JP three
stay for the celly 🎸 pic.twitter.com/fHka813YD1
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) April 17, 2022
- Sundays playoff game schedule : Atlanta Hawks at Miami Heat – 1:00pm EST, Brooklyn Nets at Boston Celtics – 3:30pm EST, Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks – 6:30pm EST, New Orleans Pelicans at Phoenix Suns – 9:00pm EST.
- St. Louis Blues win their 8th straight and wrap up a playoff spot beating the Minnesota Wild 6-5 on Saturday. Brayden Schenn scored 56 seconds into overtime to win it for St. Louis.
— x – St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) April 16, 2022
- Boston Bruins hold off the Pittsburg Penguins and win 2-1 to clinch a playoff spot. Trent Frederic and Erik Haula each scored a goal for Boston.
— Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) April 16, 2022
- Matty Beniers scores his 1st career NHL goal helping the Seattle Kraken beat the New Jersey Devils 4-3.
The future is here, it's @Matty_Beniers10! 🦑
Congratulations on scoring goal No. 1! pic.twitter.com/iQF555HMOr
— NHL (@NHL) April 17, 2022
- Colorado Avalanche clinch the top seed in the Western Conference after their win over the Carolina Hurricanes 7-4. J.T. Compfer and Nathan MacKinnon each had 2 goals. Ben Meyers also contributed with his first career goal, in his NHL debut.
- Justin Verlander, veteran right-hander for the Houston Astros, delivers an amazing outing giving up just 3 hits, struck out 8 and gave up 0 walks in 8-innings. Astros beat the Seattle Mariners 4-0.
- Hunter Greene, Cincinnati Reds 22-year-old, right-handed pitcher has broken the MLB record for the most 100.0+ mph pitches in a game with 39. Despite Greene bringing so much heat the Los Angeles Dodgers were able to overcome the Reds 5-2.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) April 17, 2022
- Ben Gamel, Pittsburg Pirates outfielder, makes a tremendous sliding catch in right-center and earns his spot in this weeks highlights. Pirates beat the Washington Nationals 6-4.
BEN GAMEL DOES IT AGAIN!!!!! pic.twitter.com/Z7bukoHvpg
— Pittsburgh Pirates (@Pirates) April 17, 2022