- Giannis Antetokounmpo pushed out his 2nd career post-season triple-double with 24 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists and helped push the Milwaukee Bucks over the Boston Celtics 101-89. Jrue Holiday contributed 25 points and 10 rebounds, and Bobby Portis had 15 points and 11 boards. Jayson Tatum was Boston’s leading scorer with just 21 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists. Game 2 of this 2nd round series is Tuesday night at TD Garden.
GIANNIS. IS. RIDICULOUS. 😳 pic.twitter.com/nQjitPQzZK
— NBA TV (@NBATV) May 1, 2022
- Klay Thompson nails a go-ahead 3-pointer with 36 seconds left on the clock, and the Golden State Warriors fight past Draymond Green’s 1st-half ejection to edge out the Memphis Grizzlies 117-116 in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals on Sunday. Jordan Poole led the Warriors with a career-high 31 points coming off the bench. Curry added 24 points, Andrew Wiggins had 17 and Thompson finished with 15. Ja Morant finished with 34 points and 10 assists, Jaren Jackson Jr. had a career-high 33 points in Memphis’s losing effort. Game 2 is in Memphis on Tuesday night.
KLAY THOMPSON. ICE COLD. 🥶 pic.twitter.com/EXKqSezH3W
— NBA TV (@NBATV) May 1, 2022
- Monday’s Playoff schedule : Philadelphia 76er’s at Miami Heat – 7:30pm EST (TNT), Dallas Mavericks at Phoenix Suns – 10:00pm EST (TNT)
- New York Yankees right-fielder Aaron Judge sent a pitch over the wall 453 feet in straightaway center field in the 1st-inning and then smashed a nearly 400-foot homer in the 9th-inning. New York extends their winning streak to 9 games after beating the Kansas City Royals 6-4 in Sundays game.
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) May 1, 2022
- New York Mets right-fielder Starling Marte makes a beautiful sliding catch and robs Philadelphia Phillies 3rd baseman Alec Bohm of a possible extra bases hit. The Mets beat the Phillies 10-6 and New York wins its 7th straight series.
— New York Mets (@Mets) May 2, 2022
- Julio Rodríguez rockets his 1st career home run over the wall in left-center field and helps the Seattle Mariners end the Miami Marlins 7 game winning streak beating them 7-3 on Sunday.
— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) May 1, 2022
Monday, May 2nd, NHL Playoff schedule :
- Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes – 7:00pm EST (ESPN)
- Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs – 7:30pm EST (ESPN2)
- St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild – 9:30pm EST (ESPN)
- Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers – 10:00pm EST (ESPN2)
- The New Orleans Saints are reportedly expected to aggressively pursue free-agent safety Tyrann Mathieu after not landing a safety in the draft. Mathieu spent the last 3-seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs.
More on the New Orleans Saints being expected to make an aggressive push to sign Pro-Bowl safety Tyrann Mathieu:https://t.co/yPEzAADyJP
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 1, 2022
- Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll quickly dismissed the idea that they were going to change things in the QB room and is said to be content with who they have on the roster for quarterbacks.
“Nothing’s gonna change that quick,” Carroll said Saturday. “We’re really happy with the guys we’ve got, to see them battle, and we’ll see what happens.”
- Amid reports of the Philadelphia Eagles looking to trade wide-receiver Jalen Reagor, General Manager Howie Roseman says
“Jalen Reagor is a Philadelphia Eagle and he’s going to be here. He’s worked tremendously hard to get in shape and come into this offseason program, and now he has an opportunity. We don’t anticipate anything changing.”