- Stephen Curry scored 31 points, Andrew Wiggins’ managed a playoff career high 27 points and the Golden State Warriors for the 3rd straight game rolled over the Dallas Mavericks 109-100. Mavericks big man Luka Doncic scored 40 points in their losing effort. Dallas faces elimination in Game 4 on Tuesday.
— Golden State Warriors (@warriors) May 23, 2022
- Jimmy Butler plans to play in Game 4 of the Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics series. Butler did not return after halftime of game 3, sighting knee inflammation.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) May 22, 2022
- Monday Playoff Game : Miami Heat at Boston Celtics (Game 4) (MIA 2 – BOS 1) – 8:30pm EST (ABC)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy won his 5th straight postseason game saving 34 out of 35 shots. The 2-time defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning route the Florida Panthers 5-1. They have positioned themselves to take another trip to the Eastern Conference Final.
Passing perfection 🤌 pic.twitter.com/jEX5vAqiIE
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) May 22, 2022
- Mika Zibanejad had a goal and an assist, Chris Kreider and Tyler Motte also scored a goal each. Igor Shesterkin stopped 43 shots. The New York Rangers beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-1 Sunday in Game 3 of their 2nd-round playoff series. The Hurricanes lead the series 2-1, game 3 is Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
No such thing as a bad angle for Chris Kreider. pic.twitter.com/vDPrADMNdO
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) May 22, 2022
- Evander Kane had 3 goals in a 6-minute span in the 2nd period and Leon Draisaitl set an NHL record with 4 assists in one playoff period. The Edmonton Oilers defeated the Calgary Flames 4-1 on Sunday. Edmonton leads the series 2-1, game 4 is Tuesday night in Edmonton.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 23, 2022
- Monday Playoff schedule : Florida Panthers at Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 4) (TB 3 – FLA 0) – 7:00pm EST (TNT), Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues (Game 4) (COL 2 – STL 1) – 9:30pm EST (TNT)
- Trevor Story continued his recent streak with his 5th homerun over the Green Monster in 4 days. Christian Arroyo added a solo shot for Boston. Franchy Cordero hit a grand slam with 2 outs in the bottom of the 10th inning, pushing the surging Boston Red Sox to an 8-4 win over the Seattle Mariners.
FRANCHY ENDS IT. pic.twitter.com/LQiQs9SoSm
— Red Sox (@RedSox) May 22, 2022
- Manny Machado set a career high and matched a franchise record with 4 extra-base hits. The San Diego Padres finished a 3-game sweep of the Giants, beating San Francisco 10-1 on Sunday.
— San Diego Padres (@Padres) May 22, 2022
- The Los Angeles Dodgers signed veteran reliever Blake Treinen to a 1-year contract extension, the team announced Sunday. The Dodgers exercised Treinen’s $8-million club option for 2023 as part of the agreement, and the club also reportedly added a conditional option for 2024 based on games missed.