- The New York Giants had a tough night with injuries despite winning their pre-season matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals 25-22 on Sunday evening. New York Linebacker Kayvon Thibodeaux, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2022 draft, left the game in the 2nd quarter with a knee injury. The Giants also lost kicker Graham Gano to a concussion, returner-wide receiver C.J. Board to a rib injury and 6th-round draft pick Darrian Beavers left the game with a knee injury as well.
Coach Daboll on preseason win over Bengals and Alex Bachman's performance
— GiantsTV (@GiantsTV) August 22, 2022
- Arizona Cardinals defensive end J.J. Watt will not play in the team’s last 2 preseason games after he tested positive for COVID-19. Watt missed last night against the Baltimore Ravens and will miss the matchup against the Tennessee Titans.
After testing positive for COVID, JJ Watt will not be present for tonight’s game vs Baltimore nor the team’s trip to Tennessee this week.
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) August 21, 2022
- Cincinnati Bengals Dax Hill is living up to the 1st round pick expectations so far. Hill picking up his 1st interception on Sunday in their pre-season game against the New York Giants.
INTERCEPTION DAX HILL!
TUNE IN: 📺 Local 12 📲 Bengals App pic.twitter.com/ntee2uNA0B
— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) August 21, 2022
- Boston Celtics 3-time All-Star Jayson Tatum told the Bleacher Report’s Taylor Rooks that he played the majority of the 2nd half of last season with a fracture in his wrist. An injury he said began to bother him in February during a game against Atlanta. Tatum saying :
“I had a non-displaced fracture in my wrist. It was small … but a non-displaced chip,” Tatum also adding that he put off receiving a diagnosis until right before the playoffs.
"I played with somewhat of a fracture for two months" 🤯
Jayson Tatum opens up about playing through an undisclosed injury during the playoffs in live interview with Taylor Rooks in B/R app pic.twitter.com/kt7xZCV36W
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 21, 2022
- Miami Heat big man Udonis Haslem has decided to return to his hometown team for a 20th season. At 42 he is the NBA’s oldest active player. Haslem said during an appearance at his basketball camp :
“Got one more in me for (my) pop. Got one more in me for the city. Got one more in me for the team!”
Udonis Haslem is coming back for his 20th NBA season, he announced at his basketball camp on Sunday.
He joins Kobe and Dirk as the only NBA players to play 20 or more seasons for a single franchise 👏
— NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) August 22, 2022
- Jorge Mateo hit a line drive, bases-loaded double into left field during the 8th inning. In turn driving in 3 runs and lifting the Baltimore Orioles over the Boston Red Sox 5-3 on Sunday night with a crowd of hundreds of Little League World Series players watching. This was the 5th annual MLB Little League Classic.
The Little League Classic first pitch is awesome pic.twitter.com/HY6HrAUcjV
— Baseball Quotes (@BaseballQuotes1) August 22, 2022
- The St. Louis Cardinals have extended their winning streak to 7 games. Nolan Arenado hit the go-ahead 2-run single in the 7th inning and finished the game with 3 RBIs helping St. Louis to the 6-4 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Nolan Arenado is PUMPED UP! pic.twitter.com/6mWq73ZPep
— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) August 21, 2022
- Eduardo Rodriguez made his return to the Tigers and pitched 5 solid shutout innings, ultimately helping Detroit to the 4-0 win over the Los Angeles Angels on Sunday. Rodriguez saying after the game :
“That’s the best result I could have gotten. I came back and I helped us win a game. I wasn’t nervous, because I had some games in the minors. As soon I threw the first pitch, I was ready to go.”
Welcome back, E-Rod! pic.twitter.com/X5yNYD54vK
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 21, 2022