- Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Dak Prescott, suffered a fracture in his throwing hand near his thumb. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said last night that Prescott will miss 6 to 8 weeks and will require surgery. Dallas fell to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in their season opener 19-3.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 12, 2022
- The Pittsburgh Steelers are reporting that pass-rusher T.J. Watt suffered a torn pectoral during Sunday’s OT win over the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20. Watt will undergo further testing today to confirm the severity of the injury.
Looks like TJ Watt is saying “I tore my pec” pic.twitter.com/JWpq6oyAwh
— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) September 11, 2022
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers did open their season with a win but it did not come without the loss of some key guys. Wide receiver Chris Godwin suffered what is thought to be a hamstring injury and left tackle Donovan Smith was ruled out with some sort of elbow issue.
Buccaneers’ WR Chris Godwin has been ruled out for the remainder of today’s game due to a hamstring injury.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 12, 2022
- Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen suffered a hamstring injury during the 1st half of Sunday’s game against the Las Vegas Raiders. Los Angeles held on for the win over Las Vegas 24-19.
— David J. Chao – ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 11, 2022
- The San Francisco Giants and infielder Wilmer Flores have come to agreement on a 2-year contract extension. The agreement, which is pending a physical, also includes a mutual option for 2025. As of Sunday financial terms were not disclosed.
Source: Wilmer Flores and the #SFGiants are in agreement on a 2-yr contract extension with a mutual option for 2025, pending physical review.
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) September 12, 2022
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are the first team in MLB to clinch a playoff spot and will be in the postseason for the 10th straight season after coming up with the win over the San Diego Padres 11-2 on Sunday.
— MLB (@MLB) September 11, 2022
- Brandon Nimmo sent one over the wall, doubled and walked twice to help lift the New York Mets over the Miami Marlins 9-3 on Sunday. New York maintains their a small lead in the NL East.
NIDO GOES YARD! pic.twitter.com/Mkr6MldcrY
— New York Mets (@Mets) September 11, 2022