- Angel Zerpa handled his first major league start pitching through 5 solid innings. Bobby Witt Jr. smacked a tiebreaking homerun lifting the seriously depleted Kansas City Royals over the Toronto Blue Jays 3-1. Kansas City is missing 10 players on this trip to Toronto due to their vaccination status.
— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 15, 2022
- The same ol’ story continues for the Boston Red Sox, giving up the lead late in the game and suffering yet another loss. The Tampa Bay Rays completing the series sweep on Thursday night with the 5-4 win after a 5 run 7th inning. The Red Sox appeared to have a handle on it with rookie Kutter Crawford taking a 3 hitter into the 7th inning with Boston leading 3-0. Crawford gave up 3 hits in a row and it was all down hill from there.
Taylor ties it! pic.twitter.com/PFA3agCLoc
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 15, 2022
- The Cincinnati Reds, who are last place in the NL Central, played the underdog role well taking 2 out of 3 at Yankee Stadium. The last place Reds beat 1st place New York 7-6 on Thursday night in 10 innings.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) July 15, 2022
- Cleveland Guardians fastball master, Triston McKenzie, turned in a spectacular 8 innings striking out a career-high 12, walking no one and giving up just 5 singles. McKenzie leading the Guardians to a 4-0 win over the Detroit Tigers in game 1 of the series.
Triston McKenzie, Elevated 93mph Fastball and 82mph Curveball, Overlay pic.twitter.com/RC2aowAQk7
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) July 15, 2022
- Free-agent tight end, Kyle Rudolph has reportedly sparked the interest of both the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Minnesota Vikings. Rudolph spent the first 10 seasons of his career as a Viking, signing a 2-year deal with the New York Giants in free-agency last season. He was released by New York in March.
Free agent tight end Kyle Rudolph has interest from multiple teams ahead of training camp. The #Bucs have been involved, I'm told, and a reunion with the #Vikings is not off the table. This situation should crystallize some time before camps open.
— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) July 14, 2022
- Star safety for the Cincinnati Bengals, Jessie Bates doesn’t seem to be anywhere close to getting a long term deal done with the team before Fridays 4pm Franchise-tag deadline. If a contract isn’t reached he will play the 2022 season under the $12.9 million tag.
Report: Talks between Jessie Bates, Bengals remain at standstill with deadline approaching. https://t.co/YGApslKwbw
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) July 13, 2022
- The Cleveland browns, Las Vegas Raiders and Minnesota Vikings have all expressed interest in free-agent defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. The 35-year-old is expected to make some sort of decision closer to the start of training camp.
The Browns are another team interested in Ndamukong Suh, per a source. Expect Suh to sign with a club closer to the start of training camp. The Vikings and Raiders are two other teams that have talked to the free agent DT.
— Tyler Dragon (@TheTylerDragon) July 13, 2022
- Thursday the Phoenix Suns matched the NBA-record offer that the Indian Pacers put on the table for star Deandre Ayton. The deal is a block buster 4-year $133 million contract. The 23-year-old can not be traded without his permission for a full calendar year.
As soon as the Suns received the four-year, $133M offer sheet, the franchise matched it. Deandre Ayton returns to Phoenix and can't be traded without his consent for a full year. https://t.co/dBXGN3qbCK
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 15, 2022
- The New York Knicks have emerged as the lead candidate for a potential trade involving the Utah Jazz star guard Donovan Mitchell.
If the Knicks trade for Donovan Mitchell he’s just an undersized shot chucker who plays no defense
If the Heat or another team gets him, he’s a multi time all-star that just barely turned 25 who makes you a title contender for the next 8-10 years
— Kalil Farhat (@kalil_farhat) July 14, 2022
- Guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope joined the Denver Nuggets earlier this month in a trade that sent Monte Morris and Will Barton to the Washington Wizards. Caldwell-Pope has now signed a 2-year $30 million extension with Denver.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has agreed on a two-year, $30M extension with the Denver Nuggets, sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 14, 2022
- The Ottawa Senators locked in restricted free-agent center Josh Norris to an 8-year deal with an average annual value of $7.95 million. His deal includes a limited no-trade clause that takes affect in during the final 4 years.
Josh Norris signs an 8 year 7.95M AAV extension with the Sens. pic.twitter.com/3AEz5At1kF
— Spittin' Chiclets (@spittinchiclets) July 14, 2022
- The Nashville Predators signed unrestricted free-agent goaltender Kevin Lankinen to a 1-year contract worth $1.5 million.
— Nashville Predators (@PredsNHL) July 14, 2022
- The Toronto Maple Leafs signed defensemen Victor Mete and Jordie Benn to twinning 1-year deals worth $750,000.
🖊 We've signed defencemen Jordie Benn and Victor Mete to one-year contracts. #LeafsForever
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) July 15, 2022