- Another day, another joint practice brawl. Los Angeles Rams star defensive tackle Aaron Donald could be seen swinging 2 Bengals helmets in the middle of the mess. The joint practice was ended early after there were multiple incidents between the 2 teams that met in the Super Bowl last season. Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said after practice :
“It got a little scuffley, and so we just called it. We were in the last period. We got two really good days of work in. Was it worth getting the extra couple of plays? No. So we called it off.”
keep ya head on a swivel 👀 pic.twitter.com/Oywc3Dt52k
— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) August 25, 2022
- New York Jets wide receiver Denzel Mims has requested a trade according to his agent Ron Slavin. Mims was a 2020 2nd round pick that has struggled a bit through his 1st 2 seasons. He has produced just 490 yards and no touchdowns.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 25, 2022
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Todd Bowles announced on Thursday that quarterback Tom Brady will start Saturdays pre-season matchup against the Indianapolis Colts. Brady returned to practice early in the week after missing 11 days. The absence was planned and approved ahead of time. There is only speculation as to what the “personal reason” was that permitted the missing of training camp.
Tom Brady will start Saturday’s game at Indy, Todd Bowles said. Any player who is healthy will play.
— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) August 25, 2022
- Coach of the Miami Dolphins Mike McDaniel told the media on Thursday that the joint practice with the Philadelphia Eagles was cancelled. The decision was made due to “more then a couple” of Dolphins players suffering with a stomach bug. A few members of Miami staff have caught it as well so clearly it is contagious and out of caution joint practices were cancelled. As of right now the game on Saturday between the 2 teams will still happen.
The stomach bug that resulted in the cancellation of today’s Dolphins-Eagles joint practices isn’t considered major but the team is being cautious. Philly still scheduled to practice in Miami Gardens. https://t.co/8gheYbl3fh
— Daniel Oyefusi (@DanielOyefusi) August 25, 2022
- Philadelphia Phillies Aaron Nola completed his 2nd career 9 inning shutout, throwing 11 strikeouts and giving up just 5 hits. The Phillies finished off a 4 game sweep of the Cincinnati Reds with a 4-0 win on Thursday.
Aaron Nola, Dotted 93mph Back Door Two Seamer. 🎯
19 inches of run. pic.twitter.com/dJkEzmprXH
— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 25, 2022
- The New York Yankees put left-hander Nestor Cortes on the injured list with a left groin strain. With Cortes being out, right-hander Clarke Schmidt will fall into the rotation and start on Sunday in Oakland.
Prior to tonight’s game, the Yankees made the following roster moves:
• Placed LHP Nestor Cortes on the 15-day injured list (retroactive to 8/22) with a left groin strain.
• Transferred OF Harrison Bader to the 60-day injured list.
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) August 25, 2022
- An already stacked Team USA landed another star on Thursday. Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Mookie Betts committed to representing the U.S. in the 2023 World Baseball Classic.
— MLB (@MLB) August 25, 2022