- The Pittsburgh Steelers dropped to 1-2 with their loss on Thursday night to the Cleveland Browns, head coach Mike Tomlin doesn’t appear to be concerned at all. Tomlin did say when asked postgame about making changes that he is not even considering making any changes at quarterback or with who is calling the offensive plays.
“I’m not in that mindset. I’m interested in reviewing this tape and looking at the totality of it and figuring out how we collectively get better. So the answer to that question is definitively no.”
Dirty play on Anthony Walker Jr? pic.twitter.com/JWG9kZR2sD
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) September 23, 2022
- Former New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton appears to be leaving the door open for a return to coaching in the NFL and said recently during an interview on the “New Orleans.Football” podcast :
“If the right situation presented itself, I would definitely be interested, and there’s no utopia, if you will, when it comes to teams, but if I felt like it was the right situation, I would have an interest in that. That all being said, that could come in a year, that could come in two years.”
Sean Payton: If the right job comes along, I'm interested in returning to coaching. https://t.co/5tW2bhzY9N
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 22, 2022
- Free-agent defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul will be joining the Baltimore Ravens on a 1-year deal worth up to $5.5 million.
The #Ravens and Jason Pierre-Paul, who have been talking for months, agreed to terms on a 1-year deal worth up to $5.5M, source said. A rare non-minimum deal during the season.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 22, 2022
- Lonzo Ball, guard for the Chicago Bulls will undergo an arthroscopic debridement on his left knee on Sept. 28. The surgery will reportedly keep him out for 4-6 weeks which means he will miss the beginning of the 2022-2023 season which is scheduled to begin October 18th.
Lonzo Ball will undergo an arthroscopic debridement of his left knee on Wednesday, Sept. 28 in LA.
He will be re-evaluated in 4-6 weeks.
— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) September 21, 2022
- The Detroit Pistons are in the final stages of a trade for Utah Jazz wing Bojan Bogdanovic in return for Kelly Olynyk and guard Saben Lee.
The Detroit Pistons are “finalizing” a trade that will send forward Kelly Olynyk to the Utah Jazz for forward Bojan Bogdanovic, according to a report. https://t.co/kSH92IT2As
— Local 4 WDIV Detroit (@Local4News) September 22, 2022
- President of basketball operations for the Los Angeles Clippers announced on Thursday that star Kawhi Leonard has been cleared for 5-on-5 drills. Lawrence Frank said :
“He feels great, wants to participate in everything. … As an organization, we want to be cautious.”
The Clippers have cleared Kawhi Leonard for 5-on-5 work pic.twitter.com/antNiyk9nj
— NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) September 22, 2022
- The New York Yankees are going back to the postseason for the 6th straight year after edging out the Boston Red Sox 5-4 Thursday night. Josh Donaldson hit an extra-innings walk-off single, sending in Marwin Gonzalez in the 10th inning.
Josh Donaldson with the walk-off in extras to clinch a playoff spot for the Yankees! pic.twitter.com/CIUwhDr7aY
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) September 23, 2022
- Kolten Wong of the Milwaukee Brewers pulled off a career high 3 homeruns in Thursday night in the Brewers 5-1 win over the Cincinnati Reds.
Kolten Wong's 3rd homer of the night! 💪💪💪 pic.twitter.com/NurxrvShXt
— MLB (@MLB) September 23, 2022