- San Diego Padres third baseman, Manny Machado goes 5-for-5 on Thursday night. His 5th hit on the night was a 2 run homer over the left field wall. Padres crushed the Atlanta Braves 12-1 in their home opener.
- A night after going 4-for-4 with 3 homeruns, Toronto Blue Jays Vladimir Guerrero Jr. struck out 4 times for the first time in his career. Yankees get out of a bases-loaded, no-outs jam to beat the Blue Jays 3-0 on Thursday night.
- Johan Heim, catcher for the Texas Rangers blasts a GRAND SLAM over the right field wall. Los Angeles Angels pitcher Shohei Ohtani gave up the hit in the bottom of the 2nd-inning. The Rangers beat the Angels 10-5.
JONAH HEIM GRAND SLAM‼️ pic.twitter.com/BYrwcOmWIh
— Texas Rangers (@Rangers) April 15, 2022
- The Pittsburg Penguins have earned their way into the playoffs for the 16th straight season with their win Thursday night over the New York Islanders 6-3.
- Goaltender for the Minnesota Wild, Marc-Andre Fleury makes a spectacular pass to set up Frederick Gaudreau for the goal in OT. The Wild beat the Dallas Stars 3-2.
— Hockey Daily 365 (@HockeyDaily365) April 15, 2022
- Tampa Bay Lightning center, Anthony Cirelli scores 1:58 seconds into OT to lift the 2-time defending Champs to a 4-3 win over the Anaheim Ducks. Tampa clinches a playoff berth with the win on Thursday night.
Tony coming in CLUTCH. pic.twitter.com/T5rSprzenh
— x – Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) April 15, 2022
- Sammy Watkins, wideout who spent 2021 season with the Baltimore Ravens, has agreed to a 1 year deal with the Green Bay Packers worth $4-million.
Packers are giving former Ravens’ WR Sammy Watkins a one-year deal worth up to $4 million, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 14, 2022
- Seattle Seahawks are re-signing quarterback Geno Smith to a 1 year contract worth up to $7-million.
- Kyler Murray has reportedly pulled his initial extension proposal. He has yet to receive an extension offer from the Arizona Cardinals. The 24-year-old has fueled speculation about his future with the team after he deleted all mention of the Cardinals from his Instagram back in the beginning February.
The #Cardinals have yet to make a contract offer to Pro Bowl QB Kyler Murray, whose agent, Erik Burkhardt, informed the team weeks ago he was pulling his opening proposal off the table, per sources.
Other teams are monitoring closely; Arizona insists Murray won’t be traded.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 14, 2022
- Patrick Beverley, guard for the Minnesota Timberwolves, was fined $30,000 for “egregious use of profanity”. A result of his enthusiastic celebration after the Timberwolves win Tuesday night over the LA Clippers 109-104.
- Dallas Mavericks, Luka Doncic will be sidelined with a calf strain that he suffered in the 3rd quarter of last Sunday nights game against the San Antonio Spurs. He will miss the series opener with the Utah Jazz on Saturday.
- Jarrett Allen, center for the Cleveland Cavaliers, has been upgraded to “questionable” for the Cavs must-win play-in game Friday night against the Atlanta Hawks.
Cleveland’s All-Star center Jarrett Allen considers himself “50-50” on returning to the lineup vs. Atlanta on Friday in Play-In Tournament, sources tell ESPN. Pain is still significant in his fractured finger, but he remains determined to try and help Cavs secure the 8th seed.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) April 14, 2022