- After falling behind halfway through the game, the Tampa Bay Lightning showed the grit of a 2-time defending champion. They rallied for another late win to move just 1 win away from returning to the Stanley Cup Final. Ondrej Palat scored on a deflection with 1:50 remaining to break a tie. Mikhail Sergachev had a goal and an assist, and Brandon Hagel also scored to help the Lightning get their 3rd straight victory. The 1st by a road team in this series. Andre Vasilevskiy stopped 24 shots. The Lightning persevered to a 3-1 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night for a 3-2 lead in the Eastern Conference final.
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) June 10, 2022
- Next Playoff game : 6/11/2022 (Saturday) New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 6) (TB 3 – NY 2) – 8:00pm EST
- Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry will play in Friday’s crucial Game 4 against the Boston Celtics after hurting his left foot in Wednesday’s 116-100 loss.
“I’m gonna play. That’s all I know right now,” Curry said Thursday.
- Friday NBA Finals game : Golden State Warriors at Boston Celtics (Game 4) (BOS 2 – GS 1) – 9:00pm EST (ABC)
- The Los Angeles Angels’ nightmare is over. After a streak of 14 straight losses that saw manager Joe Maddon fired, Shohei Ohtani and the Angels finally won Thursday night against the Boston Red Sox, 5-2.
Putting on a complete Sho! pic.twitter.com/xeiv6YteqH
— MLB (@MLB) June 10, 2022
- Andrés Giménez drove in the go-ahead run with a single in Cleveland’s 4-run 8th-inning, and the Guardians scored 6 runs after Francona was ejected for an 8-4 win Thursday night over the Oakland Athletics. The A’s have dropped 9 straight.
— Cleveland Guardians (@CleGuardians) June 10, 2022
- Bryce Harper, Kyle Schwarber and Odubel Herrera all sent one over the wall as interim manager Rob Thomson and the streaking Philadelphia Phillies won their season-high 7th straight game, beating the slumping Milwaukee Brewers 8-3 on Thursday.
— Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) June 9, 2022
- Veteran pass-rusher Jason Pierre-Paul paid a visit to the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday, a source told NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. Pierre-Paul, 33, spent the last 4 seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 3-time Pro Bowler recorded only 31 tackles and 2.5 sacks last year while battling a shoulder injury that found him on the sidelines for 5 regular-season games.
Three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher Jason Pierre-Paul is visiting the #Ravens today, per source.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) June 9, 2022
- The Denver Broncos’ new ownership and Peyton Manning have begun talks about a possible advisory role in the organization, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Manning could eventually earn a spot in the Walton-Penner ownership group and equity in the franchise if he chooses to take the job. The Walton-Penner family entered into a purchase and sale agreement for the Broncos on Tuesday, reportedly paying $4.65 billion – a new U.S. sports record.
The Walton-Penner Broncos’ ownership group has had conversations with Peyton Manning about an advisory role in the organization that eventually could mean being a part of the ownership group and having equity in the franchise, per sources.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 9, 2022
- Former Dallas Cowboys head coach and New York Giants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is joining NBC as an NFL analyst on “Football Night in America,” the New York Post’s Andrew Marchand reports. Garrett will replace Dre Brees who was only in the position for 1 year.
NEWS: Jason Garrett will replace Drew Brees on NBC's NFL pregame show, "Football Night in America," The Post has learned.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) June 9, 2022