- Los Angeles Chargers cornerback J.C. Jackson has undergone ankle surgery and will be out for about 2-to-4 weeks. Jackson signed a 5 year deal with the Chargers this off season worth $82.5 million.
JC Jackson underwent ankle scope today. Reportedly for an issue he was born with & considered pretty minor surgery w/ 2-4 wks RTP.
This is potentially an issue called os trigonum syndrome.
— Jesse Morse, MD (@DrJesseMorse) August 23, 2022
- The Baltimore Ravens have officially placed running back Gus Edwards on the PUP list. This will keep him out until at least the week 5 game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Edwards suffered a knee injury in practice just before week 1 last season.
"I'd say Gus is still on schedule. I expect him to play quite a bit of football this year." Coach Harbaugh on RB Gus Edwards pic.twitter.com/K25OQrM2ah
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) August 23, 2022
- Washington Commanders head coach Ron Rivera said defensive end Chase Young would “miss a little bit of time” to start the regular season. On Tuesday they announced that Young was being placed on the PUP list which puts him out for at least the 1st 4 weeks.
The #Commanders are moving Chase Young to Reserve/PUP, meaning he'll miss at least the first four games.
— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 23, 2022
- Judge hit his 48th homerun and the New York Yankees completed the sweep with a 4-2 win over the New York Mets on Tuesday.
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) August 24, 2022
- Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Walker Buehler made the announcement via Instagram that he will be undergoing Tommy John surgery for the 2nd time in his career. He had his 1st Tommy John surgery in 2015. The timetable for recovery will more then likely keep Buehler sidelined for the entirety of 2023. He will be arbitration-eligible for another 2 seasons and then he is scheduled to hit free agency after the 2024 season.
Los Angeles Dodgers star right-hander Walker Buehler underwent Tommy John surgery today, he said on Instagram.
He'll miss the rest of the year and almost certainly all of the 2023 season, too. This will be his second Tommy John surgery, and recovery typically takes longer.
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 23, 2022
- Justin Verlander put up his MLB leading 16th win and the Houston Astros beat the Minnesota Twins 4-2 on Tuesday. Verlander pitched a no-hitter through 6 innings and now carries a league low 1.87 ERA.
Justin Verlander's Cy Young stock continued to rise tonight 📈
6 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 10 K
His ERA is now 1.87 🔥 pic.twitter.com/ane83nZtub
— B/R Walk-Off (@BRWalkoff) August 24, 2022