- The Miami Heat crushed the Philadelphia 76er’s 120-85 in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semi-finals. Jimmy Butler led the way for the Heat with 23 points and 9 rebounds, Max Strus added 19 points and 10 rebounds. Joel Embiid was held to just 17 points by the Heat defense. Miami leads the series 3-2. The 76er’s faces a do-or-die Game 6 on Thursday night in Philadelphia.
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) May 11, 2022
- The Phoenix Suns take a 3-2 lead in the series after beating the Dallas Mavericks 110 – 80. Devin Booker was on top for the Suns scoring 28 points and 7 rebounds. Luka Doncic led the Mavericks with 28 points and 11 rebounds in their losing effort. Game 6 is Thursday in Dallas.
Connecting and creating pure art. 🖼 pic.twitter.com/Xw8zB7IsOB
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) May 11, 2022
- Wednesday Playoff schedule : Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics – 7:00pm EST (TNT), Golden State Warriors at Memphis Grizzles – 9:30pm EST (TNT)
- Rookie Seth Jarvis scored 2 goals and Antti Raanta finished with 34 saves to help the Hurricanes beat the Boston Bruins 5-1 on Tuesday night for a 3-2 lead in the series. Game 6 will be Thursday in Boston.
It's Jarvy's world, we're just living in it pic.twitter.com/hoIYMQVP5o
— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) May 11, 2022
- Auston Matthews scored the tiebreaking goal with 6:06 left in the 3rd period and the Maple Leafs rallied back from an early 2-goal deficit to beat the Lightning 4-3 on Tuesday night. Toronto takes a 3-2 lead in the 1st-round playoff series.
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) May 11, 2022
- Vladimir Tarasenko had 3 goals in the 3rd period to break open a tied game and series. The St. Louis Blues pushed the Wild to the brink of elimination with a 5-2 victory in Game 5 on Tuesday night. Game 6 is Thursday in St. Louis.
— St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) May 11, 2022
- Adrian Kempe scored 1:12 into overtime to give the Los Angeles Kings a 5-4 win over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. he Kings hold a 3-2 lead in the 1st-round playoff series. Game 6 is in LA on Thursday night.
— x – LA Kings (@LAKings) May 11, 2022
- Wednesday Playoff schedule : Pittsburg Penguins at New York Rangers – 7:00pm EST (ESPN), Washington Capitals at Florida Panthers – 7:30pm EST (ESPN2), Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames – 9:30pm EST (ESPN)
- Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander missed out on his 4th no-no by just 5-outs. Houston beat the Minnesota Twins 5-0 Tuesday night for its 8th straight win.
Vintage JV tonight.
— Houston Astros (@astros) May 11, 2022
- Los Angeles Angels left-hander Reid Detmers threw a no-hitter in his 11th career start on Tuesday against the Tampa Bay Rays at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The Angels won 12-0.
What a moment!
A no-hitter for Reid Detmers!
— MLB (@MLB) May 11, 2022
- The Toronto Blue Jays were left reeling after reliever Yimi Garcia was ejected for hitting New York Yankees 3rd baseman Josh Donaldson in the 6th inning of Tuesday’s game at Yankee Stadium. After giving up a game-tying three-run homer to Giancarlo Stanton, Garcia threw 1 strike on Donaldson before hitting him with the 2nd pitch of the at-bat. The umpires conferred and ejected Garcia without issuing a warning.
Yimi Garcia ejected for hitting Josh Donaldson in a tie game. Pete Walker also tossed.
Give us your thoughts on this one Jays fans. 🤔 pic.twitter.com/l2YKexpsGs
— Tim and Friends (@timandfriends) May 11, 2022