- Miami Heat forward, Jimmy Butler, gives a stellar performance and drops a playoff career high 45 points against the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night. The Heat held off the Hawks 115-105 in game 2 of their first round series in the Eastern Conference. They head to Atlanta for game 3 on Friday night with the Miami Heat up 2-0 in the 7 game series.
PLAYOFF JIMMY. 🔥
— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) April 20, 2022
- The Memphis Grizzles trounced the Minnesota Timberwolves 124-96 in game 2 to even the series at 1 -1. Ja Morant had an exceptional game finishing just a single rebound short of a triple-double with 23 points, 9 rebounds and 10 assists.
real lonely on that island 🏝️ pic.twitter.com/9EW5CeCkLW
— Memphis Grizzlies (@memgrizz) April 20, 2022
- New Orleans Pelicans beat the top-seeded Phoenix Suns 125-114 to even up the series at 1-1 heading into game 3 Friday night in New Orleans. Brandon Ingram led the Pelicans with 37 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists. Star guard for the Phoenix Suns, Devin Booker had a spectacular 1st half scoring 31 points before going out in the 3rd quarter with a right hamstring issue. Bookers health status going forward is unknown.
💥 37 points for Brandon Ingram
💥 26 in second half
💥 11 rebounds, 9 assists
💥 Pelicans tie the series 1-1
— NBA (@NBA) April 20, 2022
- Wednesdays Playoff game schedule : Brooklyn Nets at Boston Celtics – 7:00pm EST, Philadelphia 76er’s at Toronto Raptors – 8:00pm EST, Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks – 9:30pm EST.
- Left-hander Kyle Freeland and the Colorado Rockies agree to a 5-year extension worth $64.5 million and includes a 6th-year player option. 28-year-old Freeland owns a 4.28 ERA with 517 strikeouts over 633 innings over 6 years with the Rockies.
- Cincinnati Reds catcher, Tyler Stephenson and San Diego Padres first baseman, Luke Voit had a nasty collision at home-plate in the bottom of the 1st-inning. Voit was trying to score from 1st-base on a double, hit by Jurickson Profar. The Reds announced after the game the Stephenson suffered a concussion and was placed on the 7-day concussion IL.
Only thing that matters is he was out https://t.co/tyJH3QWAYx
— Tyler Stephenson (@Tyler_Step22) April 20, 2022
- New York Mets right-hander, Max Scherzer pitches a no-hit game into the 6th-inning against the San Francisco Giants. He left the game in the 7th with 1-hit, 1-ER, 3 walks and 10 strikeouts. The Mets won 5-4.
TEN strikeout night for Max Scherzer in New York 🔥
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) April 20, 2022
- The New York Rangers get 3rd-straight shutout and their 50th win of the season in the 3-0 win over the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday night. Ryan Strome scored twice, Adam Fox added the other goal and Igor Shesterkin had 31 saves for the Rangers.
— x – New York Rangers (@NYRangers) April 20, 2022
- The Los Angeles Kings solidified their hold on a playoff spot with 2-1 win over the Anaheim Ducks. They are now 5-points ahead of the Las Vegas Knights in 3rd place in the Pacific Division. Kings center Phillip Danault scored the tiebreaking goal early in the 3rd period. Jonathan Quick made a fantastic 29 saves for the Kings.
- Nashville Predators, Matt Duchene scores his 40th-goal of the season and Mikael Grandlund scores the only goal of the shootout for the 3-2 victory over the Calgary Flames. Going into Tuesday nights matchup the Predators were in the Western Conference’s top wild card position tied in points with the Dallas Stars.
"It's a huge win. That's the most important thing."
— Bally Sports: Preds (@PredsOnBally) April 20, 2022