- The Miami Heat hold on to take game 5 and the series 97-94 eliminating the Atlanta Hawks. Miami was without Jimmy Butler and Kyle Lowry, both sat out Tuesday with injuries. Victor Oladipo scored 23 points, Bam Adebayo added 20 points and 11 rebounds. De’Andre Hunter scored 35 for Atlanta in their losing effort. The Heat will face either Philadelphia or Toronto in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Game 1 will be Monday in Miami.
Those Max plays in the second quarter changed the game 💪 pic.twitter.com/g64VFiPJ9s
— Miami HEAT (@MiamiHEAT) April 27, 2022
- The Memphis Grizzles rally back from down 11 points in the 4th quarter, Ja Morant hits the layup with 1 second left on the clock to take the win 111-109 over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Memphis takes the 3-2 lead in the series. Morant finished with 30 points, 13 rebounds and 9 assists. Desmond Bane contributed 25 points, 4 rebounds and 1 assist and Brandon Clarke had 21 points, 15 rebounds and 3 assists off the bench for the Grizzles. Karl-Anthony Towns led the Timberwolves with 28 points and 12 rebounds. Game 6 is Friday night in Minnesota.
WE GOT 12 🥷〽️ pic.twitter.com/p01R87UHDE
— Memphis Grizzlies (@memgrizz) April 27, 2022
- The Phoenix Suns get the big win at home 112-97 over the New Orleans Pelicans and take a 3-2 lead in the series. Mikal Bridges laid down 31 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists and Chris Paul contributed 22 points, 6 rebounds and 11 assists for the Suns. Brandon Ingram was the leading scorer for the Pelicans with 22 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. The Suns will try to close it out in game 6 on Thursday night in New Orleans.
Why not add four three-pointers to the night as well?
👌👌 Mikal Bridges is doing it all 👌👌 pic.twitter.com/Wm0CQVMU4C
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) April 27, 2022
- Wednesday Playoff schedule : Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks – 7:30pm EST (TNT), Denver Nuggets at Golden State Warriors – 10:00pm EST (TNT).
- Boston Red Sox troubles continued on Tuesday night in Toronto. Red Sox were leading 5-3 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th-inning, George Springer hit a two-run homer to force the game into extra innings. Raimel Taipa hit a game-ending sacrifice fly in the 10th scoring automatic runner Bo Bichette and the Blue Jays handed Boston their 3rd straight loss.
— Toronto Blue Jays (@BlueJays) April 27, 2022
- Minnesota Twins beat the Detroit Tigers 5-4 in a wild finish thanks to baserunning errors, turned into a throwing error and a botched rundown. The Twins trailed 4-3 when Detroit closer Gregory Soto walked both Trevor Larnach and Gio Urshela to start the inning, Soto came back to strike out Max Kepler and this is where the madness ensued. Sanó hit a line drive that grazed off right fielder Robbie Grossman’s glove and rolled to the wall for a single. Larnach was stopped at 3rd base as Grossman was relaying the ball in, but Sanó kept running toward 2nd. That triggered Urshela to run from 2nd to 3rd, where Larnach was stuck as Haase ran up the base line with the ball in his hand to begin a rundown. Except that never happened because Haase’s wonky throw flew over 3rd baseman Jeimer Candelario’s head and into leftfield, Larnach scored with ease and Urshela flew home and scored the winning run.
— Minnesota Twins (@Twins) April 27, 2022
- Atlanta Braves veteran outfielder Eddie Rosario is expected to miss 8-12 weeks due to having to have a laser procedure on his right eye because of blurred vision and swelling.
— BetFast.com (@BetFastcom) April 26, 2022
- Toronto Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews becomes the 1st player since the 2011-2012 season to hit the 60-goal mark. Matthews entered the elite club on Tuesday night in the Maple Leafs 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings.
Welcome to the 60 goal scorer club, Auston Matthews. pic.twitter.com/Ct23JTp3P4
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) April 27, 2022
- The Carolina Hurricanes have locked down their 2nd consecutive Metropolitan Division Title after beating the 2nd place New York Rangers on Tuesday night 4-3.
RAISE UP!!! pic.twitter.com/IQHVOdSLky
— y-Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) April 27, 2022
- The Western Conference playoff picture has come down to settling the last spot. The Nashville Predators and Los Angeles Kings secured their postseason spots thanks to the Dallas Stars’ shootout victory over the Vegas Golden Knights. Dallas is now ahead of Vegas by just 4 points with only 2 regular season games left.