- Philadelphia Phillies slugger, Bryce Harper saw a specialist on Monday and it was determined that surgery is his only option. The result of a broken thumb suffered after taking a 97mph fastball to the hand from San Diego Padres left hander Blake Snell on Saturday. There is hope of his possible return this season after a recovery period that is expected to be about 6 weeks.
“He was pretty upset”
“I texted him today and said, ‘We will get it going, and have you back for that big run at the end’”
-Bryson Stott on his good buddy Bryce Harper after it was decided he will have surgery on his broken thumb pic.twitter.com/484O1Uiz9g
— John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) June 29, 2022
- Archie Bradley, reliever for the Los Angeles Angels, is anticipated to miss at least a few months of the season. A direct result of the fractured elbow he ended up with after falling out of the dugout during the brawl against the Seattle Mariners on Sunday. MLB handed down 12 suspensions as a result of the dugout clearing fight.
Angels believe pitcher Archie Bradley broke his right elbow "after going over the dugout railing to join Sunday’s brawl" between the Angels and Mariners, per @RhettBollinger pic.twitter.com/2XiKH9Dx26
— B/R Walk-Off (@BRWalkoff) June 28, 2022
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. walks off the Boston Red Sox for the 6-5 win on Tuesday. The Toronto Blue Jays pulled off the 9th inning comeback after pinch hitter Alejandro Kirk singled to start off the inning against Tyler Danish and then George Springer walked. Hansel Robles came in to face Bo Bichette, who drove in pinch runner Bradley Zimmer with a single. Guerrero followed with an RBI single, driving in Springer with the winning run.
Vladdy for the win! pic.twitter.com/u5fyMzWYwZ
— MLB (@MLB) June 29, 2022
- The New York Knicks are sending center Nerlens Noel along with guard Alec Burks to the Detroit Pistons. With this move New York will free up $19 million in salary off the books, opening up cap space to take a shot at acquiring Jalen Brunson during free agency. The Pistons will also reportedly get in return, 2 future 2nd-round picks. One pick was originally Detroit’s 2023 2nd-rounder, and the other pick is a 2024 2nd-round selection from the Miami Heat. New York will also be sending $6 million in cash.
The Knicks are trading center Nerlens Noel and guard Alec Burks to the Pistons, sources tell ESPN. The Knicks will unload $19M more in salary, clearing the way for cap space to try and sign free agent guard Jalen Brunson.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 29, 2022
- The Los Angeles Clippers and center Ivica Zubac have reached an agreement on a 3-year, $33-million extension. The Clippers declined Zubacs team option on his 2022-2023 contract in order to negotiate this new deal.
Los Angeles Clippers center Ivica Zubac has agreed on a three-year, $33 million extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Mike Lindeman of @excelbasketball tell ESPN. The Clippers declined his $7.5M team option for 2022-2023, clearing the way for Zubac's new deal.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 28, 2022
- Deshaun Watsons legal team argued on Tuesday that there is no basis for an indefinite suspension while the NFL argues for a minimum suspension of 1-year. The hearing will continue on Wednesday with Watson scheduled to be there all day. The hearing should wrap up on Thursday but no word yet on when a ruling is expected.
ICYMI: #NFL has informed Deshaun Watson, the #NFLPA, and disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson it recommends an indefinite suspension for at least a year. Robinson's hearing began this morning https://t.co/cayUOvz2na
— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) June 28, 2022
- Baker Mayfield doubled down on his thoughts that a reconciliation with Cleveland isn’t a possibility. Even in the event that Deshaun is not able to take the field this season Mayfield said :
“I think it’s been pretty obvious the mutual decision on both sides is to move on.”
- Kim Pegula, Buffalo Bills and Sabres co-owner, is said to be “progressing well” while recovering from an unknown health issue that occurred earlier this month. The family has not specified if Kim remains in the intensive care unit.
Updated statement from the Pegula family on Bills’ Owner and President Kim Pegula: pic.twitter.com/rohJQ1JSnT
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 28, 2022