- Denver Broncos wide receiver Tim Patrick is going to miss the 2022 season after reportedly suffering from a torn ACL during Tuesday’s practice.
— NFL (@NFL) August 2, 2022
- Left tackle D.J. Humphries and the Arizona Cardinals have signed a 3-year contract extension worth $66.8 million total with $34 million guaranteed and $21 million in Year 1.
The smile is staying in the Valley 😃
We have signed OL D.J. Humphries to a contract extension through the 2025 season.
— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) August 2, 2022
- The NFL made the announcement on Tuesday that an independent investigation has found the Miami Dolphins had “impermissible communications” with Tom Brady as well as former New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton. The league is taking away the Dolphins 2023 1st-round pick and their 2024 3rd-round for violating its integrity of the game policy. The NFL is also suspending Miami owner Stephen Ross through Oct. 17 and fining him $1.5 million. The league will also remove him from all committees indefinitely and barring him from attending any NFL meeting until the league’s annual gathering in 2023.
Statement from Stephen Ross. pic.twitter.com/Ori647H0oF
— Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) August 2, 2022
- Legendary Los Angeles Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully passes away Tuesday at the age of 94. Scully’s 67-year career with the Dodgers is the longest for any broadcaster with a one team in sports history.
Vince Scully and his honey-smooth voice was the greatest friend anyone could ever ask for.
— Dodgers Tailgate (@DodgersTailgate) August 3, 2022
- Jacob deGrom made his 1st major league start in over a year. He allowed just 1 run on 3 hits and struck out 6 in 5 innings. The bullpen fell apart and as a result the New York Mets lost 5-1 to the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night.
Jacob deGrom's numbers are insane. 👀 pic.twitter.com/32mL1VBhJq
— MLB (@MLB) August 2, 2022
- Kevin Gausman allowing only 1 hit and struck out 10 over 8 spectacular innings and the Toronto Blue Jays pulled off a 3-1 win over the Tampa Bay Rays. The Blue Jays have won 11 of thier last 13 and stretch their lead over Tampa Bay to 4 games in AL wild-card spot.
Blue Jays Kevin Gausman on the road this season
— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) August 3, 2022