- The reigning Super Bowl Champion Los Angeles Rams and head coach Sean McVay have agreed on a contract extension. Apparently the agreement was reached earlier this off season. They are waiting to make the official announcement until general manager Les Snead is done wrapping up his deal. When asked during Tuesdays media session McVay said :
“We wanted to be able to announce that when both of us (got our deals) done. Mine is done. Les is in the process of that.”
— Rams Tapes 🏆🏆 (@RamsTapes) August 9, 2022
- Roquan Smith, linebacker for the Chicago Bears, has requested a trade after contract extension talks fell apart. Smith releasing a statement to “The City of Chicago and Bears fans worldwide” siting why he has come to this painful decision.
“Unfortunately, the new front office regime doesn’t value me here. They refuse to negotiate in good faith, every step of this journey has been “take it or leave it”. The deal sent to me is one that would be bad for the entire Linebacker market if I signed it. I’ve been trying to get something done that’s fair since April, but their focus has been on trying to take advantage of me.”
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 9, 2022
- The injury that New York Jets offensive tackle Mekhi Becton suffered in Mondays practice will more then likely put an end to his 2022 season. Becton was diagnosed with an avulsion fracture of his right knee cap. This injury is completely unrelated to the previously suffered injury to the same knee that resulted in him missing 16 games of 2021.
"We love Mekhi. We appreciate everything he's done. His ride is not over. His story is not over." – Coach Saleh pic.twitter.com/Jisqk0uuK9
— New York Jets (@nyjets) August 9, 2022
- The Chicago White Sox have placed shortstop Tim Anderson on the 10-day IL as of Tuesday. He was diagnosed with a sagittal band tear on the middle finger of his left hand. It is anticipated that Anderson will miss 4 to 6 weeks. This is not his first time landing himself on the IL this season. The 29-year-old also missed about 2 weeks in June for a strained groin.
— Russell Dorsey (@Russ_Dorsey1) August 9, 2022
- Tuesday night Japanese star Shohei Ohtani joined Babe Ruth as the only other player in major league history to hit at least 10 homeruns and have10 wins in the same season. Ohtani having a bit of an injury scare but going on to pitch 6 scoreless innings. In the top of the 7th inning he sent one over the right field wall for his 25th homer of the season. He leads the team in homeruns. The Los Angeles Angels beat the Oakland A’s 5-1.
— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) August 10, 2022
- Ryan McMahon hit a monster 495-foot homerun making it the longest one ever hit by a Colorado player at Coors Field. Randal Grichuk went 5 for 5 helping the Rockies demolish the St. Louis Cardinals 16-5 on Tuesday night. The Rockies successfully putting an end to the Cardinals’ 7 game win streak.
Ryan McMahon – Colorado Rockies (11) pic.twitter.com/GmTzjCGfk6
— MLB HR Videos (@MLBHRVideos) August 10, 2022
- The Atlanta Braves were coming off of a far less then stellar series against the New York Mets when they arrived at Fenway. Atlanta’s Austin Riley stepping up to be the hero with his go ahead 2 run single in the top of the 11th inning. The Braves pushing past the Boston Red Sox 9-7.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 10, 2022