- Jon Gruden, former Las Vegas Raiders head coach, finally spoke publicly about the controversy that cost him his job last October. Gruden said during the interview :
“I’m ashamed about what has come about in these emails, and I’ll make no excuses for it. It’s shameful. But I am a good person. I believe that. I go to church. I’ve been married for 31 years. I’ve got three great boys. I still love football. I’ve made some mistakes, but I don’t think anybody in here hasn’t. And I just ask for forgiveness, and hopefully, I get another shot.”
Jon Gruden at the Little Rock Touchdown club commenting on the emails that ended his NFL coaching career. pic.twitter.com/1ClcWtdTRn
— Steve Sullivan (@sully7777) August 30, 2022
- The Las Vegas Raiders waived 2021 1st-round offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood on Tuesday. They did make an attempt to trade him but received no offers. Las Vegas will take hits of $7.86 million in 2022 and $3.91 million in 2023 by releasing Leatherwood after June 1.
They tried to trade him to eveyone. Got 32 nos. https://t.co/2BwfIyZs4H
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 30, 2022
- The Las Vegas Raiders are trading cornerback Trayvon Mullen to the Arizona Cardinals. The Cardinals will send a 2023 conditional 7th-round pick in return. The pick has the potential to become a 6th-round selection if Mullen is active for 10 games this season.
Comp update: Cardinals are trading a 2023 conditional seventh-round pick that could become a sixth-round pick to the Raiders in exchange for CB Trayvon Mullen.
On the same day, the Raiders trade Mullen and cut 2021 first-round pick Alex Leatherwood.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 30, 2022
- The Buffalo Sabres have signed forward Tage Thompson to a 7-year extension worth $50 million. The 24-year-old has 1 year remaining on his current contract so this extension begins in the 2023-2024 season.
HERE. TO. STAY‼️
We have agreed to terms with forward Tage Thompson to a seven-year contract extension worth $50 million.
— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) August 30, 2022
- The Pittsburgh Penguins and head coach Mike Sullivan came to an agreement on a 3-year contract extension. The extension will start in the 2023-24 season and will keep Sullivan with the organization through 2026-27.
IN SULLY WE TRUST! 👏
We are proud to announce the three-year contract extension for Coach Sullivan.
The extension will kick in at the conclusion of the 2023.24 campaign, and run through the 2026.27 season. https://t.co/A9EnSXrUj3
— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) August 30, 2022
- The Vegas Golden Knights picked up goaltender Adin Hill from the San Jose Sharks in return for a 4th-round pick in 2024. He has 1 season still remaining on his 2-year contact with a hit of $2.175 million.
TRADE: We've acquired a 2024 fourth-round selection from the @GoldenKnights in exchange for goaltender Adin Hill.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) August 30, 2022
- NL division leaders met on Tuesday night with the Los Angeles Dodgers coming out on top of the New York Mets 4-3. The Dodgers become the first team to hit 90 wins.
Some (Gavin) Lux and a surprise from the bullpen help the #Dodgers open up their marquee matchup in New York City with a win — their 90th victory of the season.
— Dodger Insider (@DodgerInsider) August 31, 2022
- Cleveland Guardians rookie center fielder Will Benson made 2 fantastic leaping catches at the wall, Cal Quantrill and 3 relievers contributed to a 1-hitter and Cleveland beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-1 on Tuesday night. The Orioles only hit, a single, came from Ramon Urias in the 2nd inning. Josh Naylor smashed a 2-run shot and rookie Steven Kwan contributed a 2-run double for Cleveland.
— Cleveland Guardians (@CleGuardians) August 30, 2022
- Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander, has not pitched since August 4th when he left a game against San Francisco with lower back pain. The 34-year-old is expected to make his return off of the IL on Thursday against the New York Mets.
— offthebooks.crypto (@x3tko) August 31, 2022