- The Philadelphia 76ers are signing center Montrezl Harrell to a 2-year, $5.2-million contract. The deal does reportedly carry a player option. Harrell did previously play for now 76er’s head coach Doc Rivers on the Los Angeles Clippers.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) September 6, 2022
- Kevin Durant is not happy with the rating he was given in the new NBA 2K23 video game. As a result took to Twitter on Tuesday looking for an explanation. He wants to know why he wasn’t given a “99” which is the highest possible rating to have in the game. Durant was given a 96 and is now calling the game “laughable”
— Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) September 6, 2022
- Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James and music star Drake are facing a multi-million dollar lawsuit over a documentary they helped produce called “Black Ice”. Rapper Future and James’ business partner Maverick Carter are also being named in the lawsuit. Billy Hunter, the former head of the National Basketball Players Association is seeking what he claims are his share of the profits along with $10 million in damages. Hunter claims to have exclusive legal rights to produce any film that is about the all-black hockey league. The lawsuit goes on to say that the defendants went behind his back to sign the deal with the authors of “Black Ice.”
— Foxy Grady (@FoxyGrady) September 7, 2022
- The Atlanta Braves won their 6th game in a row, out scoring the Oakland A’s 10-9 on Tuesday night. Matt Olson hit a 3-run shot against his former team helping Atlanta regain the top spot in the NL East. Manager Brian Snitker said after the game :
“It’s where you want to be, you’d rather be here than somewhere else. You want to be in the thick of the thing. I’ve always said, even when I was a third base coach, it’s like you love that time of the year when you wake up, get a cup of coffee and you can’t wait to get to the ballpark because you want to play the next game. That’s a good place to be.”
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) September 7, 2022
- The Boston Red Sox decided to give a go at a new pre-game routine that they may decide to make a regular practice next season. 6 or 7 players took batting practice in the morning at an indoor facility that was located near the team hotel. They did this instead of the standard workout on the artificial turf at Tropicana Field prior to the 6:40 p.m. start. Manager Alex Cora had this to say about the change :
“Today was a weird day. We hit, we got here later, avoiding the turf. Obviously there’s other sports that do it but they don’t play on a daily basis, right? Today we changed the schedule to see something that we might start next year. Trying a few things off the field. Trying stuff to see if it’s good for the body and all that. Kind of like a relaxing off the field stuff. Working on mechanics, it’s not rushed. I was able to take a nap before I got here. We weren’t here at 1, we got here at 3:45. So, t’s time management, keeping them off their feet, especially on this surface. It’s something we’ve been thinking about for awhile and we just decided to do it here and see how it goes.”
- Colorado Rockies, Randall Grichuck turns in a spectacular game at the plate. Hitting a shot over the wall in the 8th inning to tie the game up at 7 all against the Milwaukee Brewers. Once again stepping up with the walk-off homer in the 10th inning to end it at 10-7.
Randal Grichuk homer ties it in the 8th and then wins it in the 10th! pic.twitter.com/a4QtjOs90Y
— MLB (@MLB) September 7, 2022