- Jaylen Brown turns it around after a dismal game 1 and scores 30 points in game 2. He was followed closely by Jayson Tatum with 29 points in the Boston Celtics fantastic effort to beat the Milwaukee Bucks 109-86. Boston evens up the series at 1-1. Celtics were without defensive player of the year Marcus Smart. Despite missing Smart they still managed to handle Giannis Antetokounmpo holding him to 28 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists after his triple-double turnout in game 1. Game 3 is Saturday in Milwaukee.
Jaylen Brown is a bad man pic.twitter.com/4nJ1HGvMKs
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) May 3, 2022
- Ja Morant had a spectacular outing matching his career playoff high of 47 points. The Memphis Grizzles fought hard and took the win over the Golden State Warriors 106-101. Morant scored the last 15 points for Memphis starting with 4:16 seconds left in the game. Stephen Curry led the Warriors with 27points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists. The series tied at 1-1 heads to San Francisco on Saturday for game 3.
— Memphis Grizzlies (@memgrizz) May 4, 2022
- Wednesday Playoff schedule : Philadelphia 76er’s at Miami Heat – 7:30pm EST (TNT), Dallas Mavericks at Phoenix Suns – 10:00pm EST (TNT)
- Evgeni Malkin scored on a deflection 5:58 minutes into the 3rd OT, giving the Pittsburgh Penguins a 4-3 victory over the New York Rangers in a marathon Game 1 of their 1st-round playoff series. Jake Guentzel scored 2 goals and Bryan Rust contributed a goal and 2 assists for the Penguins. Casey DeSmith had 48 saves for Pittsburg before leaving the game midway through the 2nd OT.
Malkin: "We know we can win every game if we play right. We play smart. We play hard. I think we deserved to win tonight." pic.twitter.com/BMvu0dxCKy
— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) May 4, 2022
- The Washington Capitals stun the Florida Panthers in Game 1 of their 1st-round playoff series beating the top-seeded Panthers 4-2. Lars Eller, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Tom Wilson and T.J. Oshie all scored 1 goal a piece for the Capitals. They are headed back to Florida for game 2 on Thursday.
— x – Washington Capitals (@Capitals) May 4, 2022
- Nathan MacKinnon and Devon Toews scored 22 seconds apart in a dazzling 5-goal 1st period, launching the Colorado Avalanche to a 7-2 win over the Nashville Predators in Game 1 of their 1st-round playoff series. Andrew Cogliano, Cale Makar and Artturi Lehkonen also scored in the first helping Colorado tie the team playoff record for goals in a period. Game 2 is Thursday.
Cale Makar is 23-years old and he's doing THIS in the #StanleyCup Playoffs.
Just bonkers. pic.twitter.com/XGTMUVHc0R
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 4, 2022
- Elias Lindholm scored and Jacob Markstrom recorded his 2nd career playoff shutout as the Calgary Flames beat the Dallas Stars 1-0 in an underwhelming game 1. Game 2 will be Thursday in Calgary.
— y – Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) May 4, 2022
- Wednesday Playoff schedule – Boston Bruins at Carolina Hurricanes – 7:00pm EST (ESPN), Tampa Bay Lightning at Toronto Maple Leafs – 7:30pm EST (ESPN2), St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild – 9:30pm EST (ESPN), Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers – 10:00pm EST (ESPN2)
- The New York Yankees continue their winning streak with their 11th straight win 9-1 over the Toronto Blue Jays. Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton both sending it over the wall helping the Yankees lead in MLB with 34 homeruns this season.
— MLB (@MLB) May 4, 2022
- The 1st place New York Mets swept their double-header against the Atlanta Braves on Tuesday. Winning the 1st game 5-4 and the 2nd game 3-0. Carlos Carrasco pitched 8 shut-out innings in game 2 for New York.
— New York Mets (@Mets) May 4, 2022
- Bobby Witt Jr. hit his 1st major league home run and extended his 11 game hitting streak. Brad Keller pitched a shutout game into the 7th-inning. The Kansas City Royals beat the St. Louis Cardinals 7-1 Tuesday night to end a 4-game losing streak.
— MLB (@MLB) May 4, 2022